j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh my that is a big lump there. Sure hope you heal up nicely, only a month to go before you can jump in w/ the fishes if you take care of it. Remember the doc said count the hours not the days! Glad you were at your mom's and had such a nice neighbor to do all the home care for your pets. Take it easy and rest.........geeze I sound like your mother :razz:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm not sure if anyone told you for sure, but if your WATER temperature is not above 55 degrees, do no feed the fish. They will find things to eat if they are hungry. Wait until the water temps get above and STAY above 55 degrees before you should feel the need to feed the fish. Goldfish and all types of koi/carp are scavengers, they will clean stuff off the bottom and sides of your pond, so don't feel like they are starving. The only place they will starve is a brand new pond with fresh water and no algae or dirt or anything else in the pond.
Hope you're feeling better, and sounds like therapy is a good thing for your leg. Is that slipper thing your splint boot? It sure doesn't look like one. I would think you would have to keep a splint boot on for most of the time, or maybe you only have to put it on to walk? Let your leg heal, as doctor has ordered, or you will have problems with it for many years to come, not just 2 months. Yep, now I sound like MY mother. LOL

Reaction score
you guys are funny...being mommies :nono: ...listen to what the doctor said '2 months'...better 2 months than 2 years...
Yep, that is sure true. and you know what else is true? Two months is down to Two weeks, now...whohoo!

As far as the fishees go, I haven't done a thing and the algae is driving me insane! I still need to finixh my bog filter and I have no idea what all else there needs to be done. But, fish are all looking good, so i think they are ok. I need to get some plants, like lillies or something to help shade the pond. Can't stand the string algae. :ugh:

Ask a Question