Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
A lady cam by a week ago wanting to adopt "a few turtles" for her pond that she said was "pretty big". Well I went out this morning and this lady has a HUGE pond that is stream fed and has to be 15 to 20 thousand gallons. So needless to say she passed the test and is going to pick up my 5 oldest wild RES today. :D

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
PS: I am gonna try and persuade her to check out this forum and upload pics.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Very nice site! Never saw happier turtles.... Do you ship or only local?

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
My Mother scared me away from turtles, as much as she loves them she just had a really hard time trying to keep them. I remember having to brush some type of antibiotic on his shell when she went out of town. Then she made an outdoor run for them, one got out and was MIA for about two weeks. She finally gave up.:sorry:

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
My Mother scared me away from turtles, as much as she loves them she just had a really hard time trying to keep them. I remember having to brush some type of antibiotic on his shell when she went out of town. Then she made an outdoor run for them, one got out and was MIA for about two weeks. She finally gave up.:sorry:
They are alot tougher to care for than people think. I have a 14 year old RES and she still has a good 10 years of life left so a very long term commitment

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic on your adoption in progress! well her adoption in progress...... Great to hear!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
A lady cam by a week ago wanting to adopt "a few turtles" for her pond that she said was "pretty big". Well I went out this morning and this lady has a HUGE pond that is stream fed and has to be 15 to 20 thousand gallons. So needless to say she passed the test and is going to pick up my 5 oldest wild RES today. :D
does she have fence around the pond? ;)
I still cant get past 'fence' around my pond for adopting a turtle :cry:

Congratz to the turtle, it's great they'll have a home!!!! and lots of places to play. Then you get to help more turtle in need!

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
does she have fence around the pond? ;)
I still cant get past 'fence' around my pond for adopting a turtle :cry:

Congratz to the turtle, it's great they'll have a home!!!! and lots of places to play. Then you get to help more turtle in need!
Yes she has a chainlink that will give them about 2 acres of roaming space in addition to the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
They are alot tougher to care for than people think. I have a 14 year old RES and she still has a good 10 years of life left so a very long term commitment
Peter since the Nija turle craze Britain has found itself home to displaced turtles from your side of the pond , no problem along comes our winter and wipes them all out "NOT", they are thriving and causing great problems with our local aquatic animals in that they eat them .
We used to feed ours any dead mice the cats brought home which they ate with great relish.
So you can see the odd frog or newt is fair game to them not only are the RES surviving and thriving , so are the snapping turtles judging by the numbers of them being taken out of ponds .

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Yes she has a chainlink that will give them about 2 acres of roaming space in addition to the pond.
hmm.... may be if i have a bigger fence for the dog that cover the whole area, i might be able to get the turtle then ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I saw some side neck turtles for sale at the pet store recently.
They were about 2 inches in size. $450 each!
I had no idea they were so expensive.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat turtle, I had to look it up, never heard of them.

Ask a Question