sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the inside bladder gave out the first year.could not get a replacement and that has been around 5 years ago .been sitting unused since dusty and dirty now
101_0650.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
It does have a bladder of sorts I know it is flat and ripped .The piston is noisy .
yes i was wrong , i mixed 2 types of compressors , this one shown in pic is linear , it does have diaphragm ur rite . but u can replace it easily . the other one called rocking piston comp which has no diaphragm which can go to 50ft plus

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I could not find a diaphragm for mine .It is heavy and big also .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I agree with sissy; I have one and the diaphragm gave out in a year for me, too. Indeed noisy and runs very hot. I made a new diaphragm, so it works again, but the noise is annoying so I shelved mine for future emergency use.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I bought a stronger version of this aerator and it got electrified in the rain a month later. It was strong when it was working.

I ordered it again and they sent an even bigger version with 8 outlets so I gave up and got tetra.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Well I got mine. Wow does it move some air!!! But, like the others say it runs way to hot to be sustainable, louder than a weed-whacker on a Sunday morning. I rotated it till I found a sweet spot and it ran quieter, but still the heat.
I'll use it for addition aeration on hot afternoons till it gives up I guess. And it'll get a poor review.
Hey! We should have a product review guide here so there wouldn't be such a long list of people who've tried this mini boat anchor.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Running HOT! this is @ 70* ambient temp. Pushing hot air onto my pond
024.jpg
026.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
the diaphragm on mine only lasted a couple of months and ran hot and noisy .Hard time finding the right size diaphragm any place

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
i dont think the air pumped will b hot dont worry , even if its hot then no major effect on temp of water .
theres one phenomenon when air is pumped thru small place it cools down and heat is generated when compressed, so pump might b hot but not air , same way ur fan motor will b hot but air will b cool .
its normal for these pumps to get hot
place it at ventilated place , have some gap under it too , a bit funy but can u place one outlet tube towards it to cool it from its own air?

Last edited:

Ask a Question