ALL FISH GONE :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Ok I will probably get a Pond Net and just take it off when i want it off lol :(, BUT WAIT, I use to be a Comcast Tech and I remember going to a ladies house and when i walked up to her porch i heard this loud ping kinda like a penny dropping and it got higher in decibel, I asked her what it was for and she said to keep cats away! I wonder where i could get one, what they are called and if it were deter other animals? Thanks again

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Ok well I guess I should not try to get one then and just stick with a net. Thanks you again to all, I understand what it feels like to loose your fish and most of you on here have big Koi you have had for years and i cant even imagine how upset yall were that the same has happened to.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Jason, my pond is just under a year old, so have had most of my fish (goldies) for only the past 6 - 9 months. Not much time to get to know them. But I recently found 2 that had gotten trapped in my skimmer and died there. I was devastated! There isn't an explanation for why we become so attached, but any time lives are lost, we feel sad. In my case, I felt guilty at not checking my skimmer more frequently. Go with the netting, and if you can set up a wildlife cam, try that too, so you'll know what you're up against -- maybe even sprinkle some fine soil around, and see if you get tracks. And as beautiful as your lights are, I agree that they can be a homing beacon for nocturnal critters.

Reaction score
Being jobless, I price shopped hard when teenage mutant ninja heron came for sushi. Since my pond is small, the bird netting worked great and was under five dollars. For another two bucks or so I got a package of two foot bamboo stakes. I put the stakes in the ground around the edge of the pond and stretched the bird netting over them. I will look for a photo later, or take one.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
don't spend big money on a pond net go to a hardware store lowes and home depot carry them in there garden cents for 8 dollars and it is called bird netting and is used to protect berries on shrubs and trees .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
I am very sorry for your fish loss. It's happened to me twice. I am still mourning the loss. :( If you get more fish, best of luck.

Ask a Question