addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh it itched (3 weeks) swelled up (two weeks) made me feel ill (about 4 days). I almost went and got some meds from the doc, the prednisone and hydrocortisone cream really helps me. Next time I see him, I am going to ask about having something around for me to use.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I take a bath and use some peroxide and baking soda in my bath to clean the bacteria from anything I may come in contact with .It so far has worked for me .I hate taking a lot of the stuff out there but that is just me .I used to use the oatmeal bath stuff but the peroxide and baking soda works better .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use dawn dishing washing soap, put on heavy let it sit for a minute or so, then a cool shower, gets rid of the poison ivy oils. With the flower, had no clue I would react like I did, so from now on after grooming, COLD shower to rinse off the spines/hairs, the cold closes the pores so it can't go in deeper. Scrub well with a scrubbie thing.

Ask a Question