Allinkdup is a new member

Reaction score
SANY0104.JPG.....here is what i have up so far Charles...I went to a Mexican Farmer's Market yesterday to look at Tilapia breeder stock...$3.99 a lb on the hoof...i mean on the fin...lol...i had to come home and look up 'sexing tilapia' again...nothing like looking @ fish anus'....hehe...my buddy with the pet store said his connection on the blue tilapia fell through...something about the usda or something...so i am going to buy 3 gravid females and 2 males for my starter colony TO PUT in one tub...i am getting catfish fingerlings for $.70C each for the second tub.....probably doing 100....koi will go in the other 2 tubs....i am probably going to just drain water out of my 7K to start the system...that way the water doesn't really have any probs jump starting my bacteria colonization in THE media and gravel....everything is going to gravity drain downhill back to the sump....i'm digging that hole this afternoon after work....i'll be using a 100 gal rubbermaid tub with 2 barrels w/ filter mat and my curly media right before the sump..........RECIRCULATE

Reaction score
SANY0116.JPGThe275 pound challenge followed by 500 pound challenge to make sure the sides of the fish tubs will hold the weight of the gaylord filled with gravel and water....Eureka...we have success....SANY0118.JPG

Reaction score
LOL Charles....that guy is a HOOT....we did a indie movie with a friend of ours last fall and winter...I am Hiram Hammerhead, Bernice is my wife...Awgo is one of our 3 inbred sons as Bernice and I are actually brother and sister...we abduct young hotties and since Bernice is barren from being so old...we breed them...take the babies and kill the hotties and eat them...we live in the woods you see and use the ruse of 'Free Muscadine Wine" to get hapless strangers to our property...and well...you know what happens next...a maul to the head or a scythe to the chest....remains go in the bonfire....it was lots of fun and that was the first installment...there are 4 more to follow...and in our movies, unlike standard hollywood fare, the bad guys kill everybody and don't get stopped....I will look for a full length version on the net to share later , but for now, here is what you get
this is one of the songs for the movie.and the precursor to the film to introduce the main characters...
.......Billy

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Pretty kool man. That is quite a storyline and you guys definitely pull it off. You're quite a character. :)

I know of a couple of good guys and interesting looking characters around here that could join the acting crew. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Across the pond welcome to another koi keeper welcome from the UK. ALLINKDUP hope we can pick your brain and you ours been at this hobby 27 years this year now .
I Take it from the Tatoo's you like bikes and Rock Music am I right ?

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Thanks MTPOND and ADDY!Yes CRS...we have bounced together for about 10 of the 15 yrs I have worked on Beale Street...I concur...we are characters..Hello Dave 54 and thx for the welcome....I don't ride but my parents were bikers in the 60's through 2001 when my dad passed...they were in the Memphis Motorcycle Club with Elvis and some of his buds back in the day...they mainly did hill climbing and drag racing...I don't ride as there is a blatant disregard for people on motorcycles in this area...I have had many friends go down :( and I have a high regard for life and want to live a long time...LOL...and yes I do like tattoos...I am up to 850+ hours working on a full body suit...if you have Facebook...you can look up my page...Billy Pounds, and look in my tattoo pics in my photo section,,...there is also a good bit of my tile and marble work on my page...Billy Pounds Custom Installation Tile and Marble....enjoy ....Billy

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Yeah, I don't know what the the deal with how folk have to drive differently toward folk who drives motorcycles or even trucks. It aggravates the hell out of me whenever folk don't drive couteously.

Hey man, very awesome tile work. Some time ago when I was doing a bit of research on tile in a pond, I came across a thread of yours that i've bookmarks, koi and lily shower floor. Very kool man. I have a question for ya.

Instead of moraring the rock on the bottom of my little bottom, I was thinking of using a pebble looking tile and not more it in place on the pond floor.

If not mortared in, do you think or have you heard of the tile some how soaking up or disintegrating when fully submerged in pond water like this ??

Reaction score
There was a thread on KP a while back where someone was asking about tiling the drip edge for their waterfall...i told them that unless you have a solid substrate (concrete) to bond to, the stone and mortar would just crack up...if you don't mortar it in then you get mulm and lots of other funk under the stone and that gives off the rotten egg sulfur aroma of death, which, as you are fully aware, is bad for our fish...I am a firm believer in a mud bottom or a liner system...I will never do rocks in my bottoms again...there are certain mortars that are waterproof but a brutha would go broke on the install.....LOL.....btw i started 50 yellow corn plants today which will go in the ground,..about 90-100 beans, peas and okra, and 4 cherry tomatoes and 4 goliaths, 4 red beauty bells and 4 golden bells too...they are all in those plastic net pots in clay/grow mix in plastic flat containers...they will sit in the square containers in a small amount of water to germinate and to acclimate to living in the water of the a/p system....

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
The concern of the mortar cracking up is why I don't want to use mortar since I do not have a solid substrate. Ya mentioned to me back boarding some time ago. I was thinking of simply just gluing the tile to a backboard and keep the tile flush to each other, not mortaring them together, and going to use a little bit of marine silicone in the cracks. I am thinking this might give the tile enough flexibility and still stay together when I walk on it, since it will be the floor. This will be on top of my EPDM liner. Do ya think the type of back boarding I use makes a difference?? Would the back boarding have to be water proof or water resistant ??

I've never done much of anything with tile before so I am not familiar with it. When doing it like this, could the tile absorb the water causing deterioriation of the tile??

That's alot of plants man!! You sure do go big time. Who are the suppliers for your fingerlings?

Reaction score
a friend with a pet shop here because i give him koi when somebody says....come take these fish...i dont want the pond, etc....so he pretty much gets stuff for me at cost or for free with my wonderful bartering power...it is a place out of north florida...he orders fish in every week or two and shipping would be very minimal if any...I love Mr LaVelle...lol....70 cents isn't too bad for 2-3 inchers....I asked about the red tail catfish and the peacock bass fry....those were 6-15 each....
i know some lakes in south texas have peacocks in them that get pretty big...and you KNOW how big red tails get...i wonder how they taste and what their sexual maturity is...buy em once grow em up let em breed...voila...my own little piece of central/south america....i could use the extra tilapia overages for their food...like bream here with bass and catfish stocked ponds....

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and i only know I have fish ,nothing fancy I'm afraid .But then I just paid a couple of dollars for them 9 years ago .I really thought they would die on me but they made it and are laughing at me every time I feed them .2 of them are over 2 feet long .oh well they got me

Ask a Question