aluminum toxic?

Reaction score
with my new pond design i would like to include some bog plants in baskets on each end. I have to attach them to something I want to make some hangers out of thin aluminum. I just want to know if that will be ok or is it toxic to the fish?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I had an aluminum sheild (about 200 sq in.) around a huge sump pump for about 10 years with no known adverse effects to plants or fish.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
we put things like soda in aluminium cans with no harm to us we drink out of it .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think some say aluminum causes old timers disease but fish only need to remember one thing and that is where the food's coming from :lol:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::losenior moment please ok :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Watch for corrosion if you use heavier loads of salt, If you do see it you may want to replace or change at that time, Even then it should be fine for quite a while. I've seen DYI filters in the past that had aluminum uprights in totes to hold pads in place, they were used for years but were eventually replaced with either better systems or more elaborate filtering methods over time.

Ask a Question