sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh gosh :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: not cruel thats just funny now starving animals and not getting them fixed to cut back on the population is bad .I hate shelters and think they hinder people from getting pets there because they charge so much .They will not allow me to adopt another chihuahua because they consider king arthur a mean dog ,sure he is as mean as a wet mop

They have denied me 7 times so far because of him .this poor pitiful pitbull

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Poor Pee Wee, he looks soooo threatened by King Arthur! OMG, and poor King Arthur, looks like you never feed him either! I think you are being so mean to your animals. LOL It's their loss! You will find a great little tiny friend for Pee Wee, just keep looking. They are stupid to not allow you to adopt! Maybe you need to tell them King Arthur has died, and not list him any longer. They never will come check it out! if they do, then tell them your son's dog, and he is just visiting! Good luck, as I know you have been looking for a long time for a little buddy for Pee Wee!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey CE Lou was looking for cattails and I remember you saying you had some or would have some in the Spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Big Lou from Texas, JW? Yeah, I cut mine all back, but could easily pull some out for him if he's in TX. Let me know for sure if I'm thinking of the right person, before I PM him. Thanks!

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Sissy, on King, Does he have papers? If not don't say you have a Pit, say you have a mix breed, this works for Ins. companies as well. My son's dog has been staying with us now for about 6 months. He's 1/2 chow 1/2 German Shepard, Both are considered dangerous breeds to our Ins. Company. To get around any issues we just say we have three mix breeds, a Choc. Lab and a pug. The Ins. company has never said a word. However my renter had a 1/2 pitbull, 1/2 lab, she told the same agent that her dog was part pitbull and they made her sign a waiver that if any injury occured by the dog while on the premises that the INS. company would not be responsible. I told her not to tell them she had a pit but she let it slip and find out how they do business the hard way. They actually wanted her to get rid of it but I told her about the waiver and they agreed on that for her.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hey, good point, Larkin. Go for it, Sissy. And, I'm sure King Arthur is fixed, so it doesn't even matter if he has papers or not, just SAY he's a mixed breed. Just will need to go to a different shelter looking for a new friend, as the ones you have been to may remember you! Good luck, I sure hope you are able to locate a new chihuahua for little Pee Wee!
I know my insurance company asked if I had any dogs, and when I said yes, the next question was, "Are any of them mean breeds?" I just laughed and rolled my eyes and said I had 3 Golden Retrievers and a rat terrier/heeler cross. They smiled and put down "no" for protective or whatever they called the "bad" kind. I would love to get a German Shepherd, and if I did now, the insurance company is not going to ask me every year, so I would not have to divulge it to them. I simply "forgot" about their rules! Plus, if I got a German Shep, it would NOT be an aggressive type. It would be the type that would want to be petted by everyone around!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Messages Big Lou, and will send him some cattails in the spring. Going to ship some to Larkin next week, since he's so warmmmmmmm still! :)
Hey, I've never put that weather thingy up, but I have noticed I really enjoy checking them out, and seeing what the weather is at other's homes when I'm looking on-line. Wondering if it stays up with the moment, or if it is showing what the weather was when the person posted? Anyhow, can someone give me the link? I know several have asked, and I've seen it posted, but would have no idea where to go back and find it! Thanks!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep it shows up when the person posted and won't change till the person refreshes the page or whatever ya call it. Same w/ the time. Just have to deal w/ it, :razz:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
oh gosh :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: not cruel thats just funny now starving animals and not getting them fixed to cut back on the population is bad .I hate shelters and think they hinder people from getting pets there because they charge so much .They will not allow me to adopt another chihuahua because they consider king arthur a mean dog ,sure he is as mean as a wet mop

They have denied me 7 times so far because of him .this poor pitiful pitbull
Sissy; I can tell yours would be a great home for a second chihuahua, but there is another side to this story. A number of years ago someone broke the story that dope dealers and other assorted thugs were adopting dogs from shelters to "train" their pitbulls. In other words, the dogs were being ripped apart to make the pits more vicious. Since then, many shelters refuse to let a dog go to a home with a pitbull. Sad, but can you really blame the shelters? With the popularity of Craigslist and Kijiji nowadays, I just wonder how many poor dogs are used to satisfy some sicko's depravity!
John

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Ponders seem to love dogs... Most of you on this forum have pictures of your dogs either in a signature or as your avatar. I wonder why pond lovers and dog lovers are generally one in the same...
Don't count me in that !! ;) I see the other side of dogs, the dogs that become enraged, not adoptable, distrusts humans, starving, get dropped off, and all that sadness; there's a 100 acre or so no kill dog pound just 5 or so miles from me; so, when they're full, then people just drop off their dogs. Then, the dogs always come over to my place to get some water and do a dog paddle in my little watergarden. Problem is that my watergarden is very dinky so the dogs just tear up everything pretty easy. I've given away the dogs that were well enough, but most of them were, well, best to say "not in a good way". Really scary when I had a group of 3 dogs, huge dogs, were pretty mean, acting like they were gonna do something; I can't let this happen whenever I have family here so then I gotta do something about it and do not like what I have to do.

I have actually had coyotes come to my little watergarden for water. I actually trust the coyotes more than most of these dogs that wonder over here.

I don't mean to bring down this good thread. I've enjoyed reading this. Nice to read people that actually take care and enjoy their animals because I see the other side too much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
we sort of disprove this theory lol we have cats lol :lavalamp: they act very much like dogs and our boy Jack sits and waits for us to come home , offten a good 15 minutes before we arrive home .
Plus hey these guys are so lad back they sort of take theirselves for a walk dont they lol
rgrds

Dave :helm2: :glassesy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Dave, I have a cat that I got at about 3 or 4 months old, had a Boston puppy also arrived at the same time. They grew up together, and not saying the cat learned because of the dog, as I think the cat had the "dog" personality before I got him, but Tarzan (cat) fetches toys, brings them back, drops them at my feet and sits to wait for me to throw it again! Over and over! Yep, no kidding, I've got a video to prove it! LOL Of course, he has had toys in the past that the dogs have taken over, and has only one "special" toy at a time. For the last year or so that special toy has been a 4" piece of aquarium tubing. No idea why it is special to him, but if I toss it down the basement steps, after swishing it on the vinyl kitchen floor, he will leap and miss the first half of the steps, find the tube, come back up and drop it for me. I show company all the time. He has not failed me yet, unlike most cats that never perform on command. LOL Yep, my cat thinks he's a dog, no doubt! He wrestles with the Boston still, like cats or puppies would do, but not as often as when he was younger.
My three dogs, they come inside every morning and evening, the Boston almost ALWAYS is in the middle of the pet bed (tan pillow). Afghan has been dragged next to the bed by Denali, the Boston, probably so all can snuggle closer!
Dogs on the bed.JPG
And, Tarzan, in the flower pot. Had to move the banana tree into the spare bedroom where no cats are allowed. He was laying in the other one, which has elephant ear plants in it, and smooshing them. LOL Looks comfy, doesn't he?!
Tarzan in flower pot.JPG

Ask a Question