An Observation

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My sister's male cat had kittens LOL she called me and said you ahve to take one before my husband kills me.

12-18-06_1832-2.jpg

If her male cat had kittens....... LOL :)

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
PECAN & JW -- Not too many know about Tonks, but they ARE neat kitties. I grew up with and have always like Siamese, but Hubby can't stand their cries. For years after we married we had Abyssinians, but lost too many to genetic problems, and decided to make a change. Research lead me to the Tonkinese breed, which is a newer breed and because it's a cross between Burmese and Siamese, they can use both breeds to strengthen the Tonk breed.

But unfortunately, we had a really bad Tonk experience, which was more the breeder's fault than the breed itself. I won't go into the whole story ['cause it was one that unfolded over time], but our most perfect & favorite cat ever died while under anesthesia, having his teeth cleaned! We were devastated! Long story short, it was heart failure, and we put together the story [after talking to the breeder in another state], that he wasn't the only cat in that line that had recently died from heart problems [one other was also during surgery]. When we talked to her, our main and really ONLY concern was to let her know what happened to Bishop. We figured that as a breeder, she needed to know that information. She sounded truely concerned, but during the conversation with us, she suddenly became very cold and said she would no longer do business with us -- ie, she wouldn't sell us any more of her cats. Very odd lady. Not sure where she was coming from, but the change seemed to be at the point she mentioned the other cat that died. Shame, too, because she had just the most wonderful cats with the best personalities! I would have gotten another of her kittens in a heartbeat [if she could prove it came from a different line], but maybe she was afraid this would put her out of business. You never know with breeders.... And for some reason, IMHO, cat breeders are really ODD folks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Funny thing is none of my Siamese cats had the Siamese meows. Wonder if that meant they just weren't full Siamese or they were of the Tonkanese line? I got them all free so I'm sure they were not purebred.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
TM, I have never heard of Tonkinese so had to look them up. Pretty cats! JW, if I was around when you had that litter of kittens, I would have taken one! I have a beautiful gray semi-long haired cat outside, Teddy. She is I think called a diluted calico, mostly gray, with tan and little bit of white. VERY pretty, never has any issues with matts in her fur. My other favorite outside cat is Hilda, a gorgeous calico! I've never seen a prettier marked calico than her.
As far as Yukon, TM, the vet said he was between 8 and 10 weeks old when he "found me". That was the first week of March, if I remember correctly. So, I figure he was born around Jan. 1. He is now 6 months old, and here he is taking care of the Boston puppies. He plays with them from the moment I let them out of their pen (morning and evening) until I put them back. They gravitate to him, and he just lays there and plays with them.Yukon and a brindle pup.JPGYukon babysitting the pups.JPGYukon with the largest male.JPG
As I was looking through my "animal" album on my facebook page, I realized that not only do I have a beagle that showed up here 2 years ago and Yukon this past March (both of which are still here, neutered, and loved) but there was also a "Big Red" dog that came in between. I have a feeling my neighbors didn't like him and "got rid of him" as he was here every evening when I got home from work for over a week, and had decided he could stay, and then one day he was gone. I asked, and they looked guilty, but said they didn't know what happened to him. I didn't push it, but if they didn't like him, why not say something. I do my best to "save" those that are not wanted by others, but I can't keep them all. I'd love to have another Golden someday ... but for now, I have enough dogs .. and cats ... and horses. LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I had those cats and kittens way back in the 80's and if you would have been close I would have given you one CE. They were adorable. I had the mom and the dad. The mom was the long haired w/ Siamese markings and the dad had part Siamese markings w/ some white on him. We kept one of the kittens (Sam) and the mom and dad and sold the rest for pretty cheap. They are all gone now to kitty Heaven and now I just have two black cats I got when their mama never came home at this lady's house where she was having a garage sale. They were very small and full of fleas. Took them home and gave them baths and the water turned blood red from all the bites that the fleas were giving them. I called that lady and told her she better do something w/ the other kittens she had left or they could all die from too many flea bites. She said she would and I hope she did.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, that's awful, JW, to have sooo many fleas that the water turned red. Those poooooor little kitties, but so luck of them to have found YOU at that garage sale! Bet there are fat and sassy now, with your as their new mom.
A friend's sister and BIL had a litter of kittens that were 5 days old, mom left, didn't return, must have gotten killed. The sister was trying to bottle feed them, but didn't understand how often they needed to be fed. Friend didn't want to mess with them, and her sister wouldn't give them to her to raise. Turns out the sister tried for about 2 or 3 days, then "didn't feed them for 4 days after she put them outside and was shocked to see they died! OMG, that is cruel!!! They were 3 calico's, too! Wish I had lived closer, too. I would have taken those tykes to work with me to raise them properly, and feed them often enough. That just makes me sooo sad. But, that sister and BIL are very strange people. Trashy house, cats potty anywhere they want, as they won't keep their litter box cleaned out, can't sit on any furniture without moving bunch of stuff, their bed is covered with so much stuff, I have no idea how they sleep even on the edge, maybe sleep in the recliner. Table and counters and sink stacked as high as possible with dirty dishes. Just like my brother's house ... HORRID!!! And that sister was the head nurse at a hospital! It's unreal how people live. They don't deserve to have any animals either. They are stupid to their needs and just feed them when they feel like it. :sad: :sad: :grumble: :grumble: :sad: :sad:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Doesn't sound like a good place to raise animals or kids or themselves CE. My house may not be spotless but I couldn't stand dishes stacked like that or cats pooing everywhere. Poor little kittens starved to death...........that makes me so sad!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Thought I would bring this topic back up to the front. Caught Tarzan laying in my big potted red/green banana tropical tree I just brought into the house last week. And, the second pic is Tarzan laying on my Boston's dog bed. The only time Tarzan gets a chance to lay on it is when Denali is outside. :)
Tarzan in flower pot.JPGTarzan on pet bed.JPG
This is who I usually see on the pet bed. Denali is almost ALWAYS on the bed, who is on it with her usually varies, though. :)
Smokey and Denali.JPGDenali and Yukon.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's cute Tarzan in the flower pot and looks like they all love that dog bed. Maybe a few more or in order to be purchased so they don't have to share, at least one for Tarzan anyways :razz:

Here's my cat Spooky in her new outfit,lol! I made this fit her.......it's a babies onesie that snaps in the crotch. I had to have her wear this cuz I was at my wits end trying to get her to stop peeing in the house like a male cat on the doors and walls etc. Tried the spray stuff and the plug in pheromone dealies and nothing worked but this does! Got a black one as it matches her fur and won't be as embarrassing for her,lol! Found it at the 2nd hand store for 99 cents and made cuts and sewed it to fit better. She stays outside all day and then comes in in the evening till bedtime then she has to go in the garage to sleep. While she's in I do have to take her to the cat box now and then to let her do her thing if she needs too. I'm happy so far w/ the results and she loves sitting on the couch next to me again now. Her and her sister don't get along well so I'm sure this is a territorial thing w/ Spooky trying to let Boo know who's in charge here.

IMG_4424.JPG

IMG_4423.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oh, how funny, JW! That would be so frustrating having a cat that pees in the house, marking things, especially a female cat! Once they start, they are very difficult to get to stop, and you sure have a unique way of fixing the problem. I applaud you!!! :claphands:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love it JW a onesie for your cat! very creative.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
She gets mad at me now when she sees it coming to be put on her. She snarls and hisses but once it's on she's cool w/ it and sits nicely by me on the coach till bedtime. She even moves w/ it on now sometimes :razz:

Reaction score
Hahaha. I guess im bad cause I think it's hilarious to see animals in outfits! Lol when I was young, I used to make clothes for my long haired white kitty. He was so cute! I really don't think it bothered him much either, he was a very laid back cat. Now the pig?!? Hahahaha he HATES IT! Lol. But it keeps the little piggy warmey! :laughing:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I remember dressing up a pup we had when I was a kid! It's so funny when you look at their eyes, it's like they have that look like you are humiliating them to death. Cats just either put up w/ it and fall over flat and don't move or they fight you while you try to fit it on them..........hee, hee, hee! Then when you take it off the dogs they give you big kisses and wiggle all over the place for joy till you drag out something different to put on them................then the eyes look down and then up at you all pitiful :LOL:

Ask a Question