An Observation

Reaction score
Cute puppy. I have two min pins and a dog that I don't know what kind of mixture he is that is18 years old and doing fine. Two cats, 4 saltwater tanks with corals, a tree frog, and a chameleon. A month ago I adopted a cihuahua, dachshund cross that had been abused. He is so sweet I don't know how anyone could of abused him. He looks more like a dachshund but he has a chihuahua atitude. I'm able to take him to work so everyday we go to a nearby park and walk at lunch and he barks and growles at people, dogs, squirrels and anything else he sees. He definitley has little man syndrome. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yukon is growing! Denali, the Boston, always likes to lay on top of the bigger dogs for their warmth. Yukon doesn't seem to even notice she is there.
Yukon and Denali.JPG
When Yukon came to my house over a month ago, he was shorter than Denali. I think he probably outweighed her even at that time, but he was not quite as tall as her. He is growing in leaps and bounds, very awkward, but so much fun to watch. Took him couple of weeks to figure out how to get up on the couch, now it's habit. :)
He has learned to sit, and that my pushing his butt down is not hurting him. I can ask him to sit, and barely touch his butt and he plops it down now. Always have a treat in hand to reward him, which he appreciates as much as the other dogs. Still won't go into the pen when I ask him to, but loves being in there as well. Never barks or whines when he is in the pen. And, when he gets tired of frog hunting with Denali and Smokey (the beagle adopted 2 years ago), he comes and lays down near me working in the yard. Think I'll keep the dirt pile from where the huge stump was ground up for him, so he will stay out of my flower beds. So far he has not dug in the flowers.
He does a funny thing. He will carry off my shoes to the living room. No matter if they are under my chair or in the kitchen near the door, he carries them to the living room, or onto the couch. Never yet has chewed on them, just carries them off and lays them down. He's a funny dude! Love him to pieces. His floppy ears make me laugh.
Still wondering his background. Guess I will know a little more when he gets fully grown. Best guesses at this time are German Shepherd/Collie and maybe Akita mix. Bottom line is he went to heaven when he ended up in my yard, and I'm thankful for whoever sent him to me. :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
lol doggie tower .I would say he looks very spoiled and proud of it .Looks comfy too.They have your smell on the shoes and it is his comfort thing like a baby with a pasifier .My hunter and harley used to do that a shoe or a shirt .The smell on them makes them feel comfy

Reaction score
Just stopped in and caught up on your new puppy. I think animals know how to find good people really :) You will have a special bond for sure and all your hard work will be worth it. Have a great day. Amber

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
So cute CE! It was meant to be :)

My Chihuahua carries all my shoes down stairs and leaves them laying in the family room. It is funny watching the little 10lb guy try and carry my 10lb work boots down the stairs LOL very awkward but he always seems to manage LOL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
He's such a doll with his companion! I always thought that too sissy...yet my old big dog that should have the attitide from his size and bark is just the opposite! lol fat n lazy unless absolutely necessary to get up off of the couch and try to act like a little doggie lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
OK, ladies, get this. I got home this evening with PondKid, he delivered some goldfish he was wanting to get rid of, and he wanted to see my pond. Heard my Boston barking like I've never heard before, very different "voice". Turns out there was a pup, maybe 2 months old, in one of my barns, scared to death! I have very few neighbors, and am 99% sure someone dumped him. He's quite cute, looks like maybe an Akita or Shepherd mix. The poor guy has no idea what its like to be petted. It's so scared it doesn't even act like it enjoys it. Took us forever to get close enough to him to touch him. I finally coaxed him into the house so he's hiding out in here now. At least he doesn't retreat when I approach him, but he still isn't sure he likes to be petted. Tell me, why do people dump puppies? It infuriates me to no end. And, if they never wanted them, why allow it to happen in the first place? This poor pup has had an awful life so far, or so it seems. If it can come around to being loved, he probably has a permanent home here. I'm sure going to give him my best shot. View attachment 40945View attachment 40946

I think he looks like a St Bernard mix. My friend has a St. B and retriever mix, different color, but that puppy reminds me of hers when he was a puppy. It's terrible he was just dumped off, at least he has a good home now!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Think he had to be the luckiest dog in the world and probably thanks god they dumped him off around there .He has a piece of doggie heaven now

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
lol he came that way lol daughter adopted him like 7 yrs ago and we figure he's about 12 now...guess he's earned the right to be a couch potato lol unless we take him out camping then he's like a puppy again...still has the "boxer" bounce to him though and we figure he's part rot and part boxer (body of a rot yet bounce and sort of face like a boxer)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
CE he is really getting a lot bigger. Wonder how big he will get. Oh wow what if he is part St Bernard? I think he's adorable whatever he is!

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
CE that pic is adorable. So happy for all of you and especially for lucky Yukon.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
We were camping with my sister and BIL last weekend and they have a dog who my BIL found as a stray in an alley in downtown Salt Lake City about 10 years ago. The dog Skipper is a mix of farm/hearding dogs, black and white and about 3' feet tall at his back. My sister and BIL live on a 10 acre farm with horses and chickens. Skipper must have thought he hit the jackpot when my BIL found him and took him down to the farm. Lucky dog! He wakes my BIL up every morning to go out and feed the horses. Skipper is obsessive about working.

While we were camping Skipper spent the entire time running around in and out of the trees hearding flies. LOL He is at least 12 yo and is on his feet constantly working.

Skipper is a great a dog and one of the luckiest dogs around. He reminds me of your little guy CE who found you and is now living the dream.

Ask a Question