another winter question

Reaction score
It's been so warm so far this season I restarted my pump and filter. If it's a relatively mild winter will it hurt to keep them running all winter? I have a deicer but do I still need to keep the water moving? at once :goldfish: :goldfish: but I'm stll in the learning stage. Thanks, Mary.

Reaction score
gemrock2 said:
It's been so warm so far this season I restarted my pump and filter. If it's a relatively mild winter will it hurt to keep them running all winter? I have a deicer but do I still need to keep the water moving? at once :goldfish: :goldfish: but I'm stll in the learning stage. Thanks, Mary.
just from my experience,i unhook the filter but keep my pump running 24/7 in the winter.i take the fountain head off and just let the water run back in the pond in a big stream.it keeps an opening in the ice and puts in some aireation i don't think the water will warm up enough to need a filter this time of year.this seems to work for me.

Ask a Question