any horror movie fans here?

Reaction score
Love the horror flicks. Recently rented World War Z, which was good, but more of an action type movie with zombies thrown in ... If you were a teen when THE Evil Dead came out, it was pretty scarey .. the remake, we just rented a few weeks ago ... parts were scarey. but other parts. I was LMAO ...

Personally, bored with the Freddy and Jason sagas ... loved them all when they came out tho. Chucky was "ok" ... Love all the zombie movies, even the low buck ones that show up on SyFy ... and yes, am a Walking Dead fan too ...

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
Huge horror fan here! My favorites are the original Halloween, Satan's Little Helper, and Trick 'r' Treat. We also watch a lot of Walking Dead. Halloween is kind of a big deal around our house! We watch scary movies with the kids (kid friendly ones) and have a Halloween party every year on the last Saturday before Halloween with the yard and house all decorated.

1378379_3619742628521_2128751576_n.jpg 1376313_3619743268537_2021617182_n.jpg

1377394_3631282277005_441393932_n.jpg 1375964_3619742028506_2112702321_n.jpg

Reaction score
I really enjoy the old B&W horror flicks of the 50's and 60's the most. Yes, I know they were cheap budget films and were originally labeled as the the "B" movies of the time, but they have a sort of nostalgic appeal to me. They were not truly "scary", but they are now deemed as super classics. I refer to movies such as the original Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, The Mummy, and the ilk, etc. As I said, they weren't actually very, scary movies, but the actors who played the monster's roles made these movies famous and made them classic films. Actors Bella Legosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney, Claude Rains, Peter Lorre and Vincent Price were the classic "horror" actors of all time! They were so great that they epitomized the horror film industry with their names for decades to come, even til today.

The newer flicks cannot hold a candle to those old ones. Partially because of the fact that they do not film in black and white any longer and that is the best part of a classic horror film! To feel a sense of something "old" that is "creeping" out of the past to haunt you! All the newer horror movies (Friday the 13th type films) are nothing more than hype and music cues in the right places and blood and gore. There is no good acting to support the newer horror films, they just rely upon gruesome scenes and blood (which requires color filmography).

I don't feel scared watching any of these films, not even the old classics. However, there was one that actually got me! One scene in this movie got my cousin and my sister to scream and jump and I did just about the same (as well as nearly soil my shorts because of them alone) when a vampire, without music cues or any warning, just popped into the frame! It was totally unpredictable and the best scare tactic that I had ever witnessed in a horror film. There was no lead up to it, it just "POPPED" in to the scene un-announced and scare the hell out of everyone. The movie, I believe, was Salem's Lot from back in the mid 70's. The scene was from a jail cell where a suspect was being kept (who was not guilty of the vampire crimes) but became a victim in the end. Not real sure on the specifics, but the SCARE did instill that scene into me for life! Pretty darned good one, I have to give that one credit for being SCARY!

catfishnut

Ask a Question