Anya's pond

Raised pond in the city (town more like)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
feel the same way after my rebuild and getting to old for this stuff .The muscles get to the point they give up before you .I could never afford to pay some one that would probably not do it right any ways so i might as well do it wrong on my own .I had my levels but doing it I mislead them in my hurry to find things .But found them when I was cleaning up ,of course:)senior moment that I use often

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
why oh why we kept wanting to add on and upgrade/change the things that's already done. Oh they joy when it's actually done but then oh I need more of this and that... never ending! :)

I decided that this year I'm going to sit back and relax until something goes wrong before I change anything. May be I'll build my bog next year but this year I want to just enjoy.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I said that too but no choice because liner was leaking and found 3 cracks in the epdm and guessing the guy had left it out in the sun to long and it weakened it .Plus cold from winters past .I am now thinking it was out there for more years than he said .So pieces of liner now .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nepen updated Anya's pond

I started my back yard project, building raised bed along the edge of the fence since our grass dont reach those area and I wanted to plant flowers and fruit trees. There is one corner of the yard that gets no sun so nothing will grow there. I decided I want to put a pond there since the pond requires no sun, brilliant idea! Not so much now J since I want to be able to have plants but it’s hard to find shaded plants.

Pond, almost a year old, just survived it first winter :)
imgp8515-jpg.66982

View updates to this showcase item...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I added two container bogs in. I let the water flow up and out of the top of the container. I didn't put in the gravel yet though, will do that tomorrow then add the plant that I will get from addy' sand I'll be done :)
image-jpg.68524

Now the whole pond has ripples all the time, it used to stay pretty calm. Harder to see the fish now but should be ok. If I don't like it in the long run I'll just take them out later :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nepen updated Anya's pond

I started my back yard project, building raised bed along the edge of the fence since our grass dont reach those area and I wanted to plant flowers and fruit trees. There is one corner of the yard that gets no sun so nothing will grow there. I decided I want to put a pond there since the pond requires no sun, brilliant idea! Not so much now J since I want to be able to have plants but it’s hard to find shaded plants.

Pond, almost a year old, just survived it first winter :)
imgp8515-jpg.66982

View updates to this showcase item...

Ask a Question