Anyone ever get sick from dealing with their dirty pond water?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well it’s been 48 hours since and I really can’t tell if I’m infected or not. Wound still painful to the touch but nothing extreme. I continued working in my pond after getting the wound for about 45 min and then I put alcohol and did proper disinfecting procedures but I don’t know if it was too late since it’s been 45 min. Otherwise I am a healthy, 28 year old with no history of auto immune issues. All I can do is pray I guess

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't worry or panic. Keep the wound clean and observe it's progress. If it is healing, all is well. if it takes a turn for the worse, calmly make an urgent care appointment or visit the ER.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
W H A T THIS HAS TO BE A BAD JOKE RIGHT ??????????????? Please please please tell me this is a joke.

Last edited:

Cichlidboy

Dandridge TN cichlids not goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nope I really don't think it is lol I told her to wear her mask it cures everything

Cichlidboy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It's amazing how the truth is coming out now slowly but surely like 95% OF THOSE WHO PASSED from covid were obese or over 65 and had at least 4 yes 4 other conditions. and today the next covid is coming out it's even more contagious and the wording is it;s responsible for 40% of all the new cases increasing it's infection... WHATS THE NUMBER HOW MANY .... ENOUGH BS

Cichlidboy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just smile shake my head and keep on moving when people start all that crap I have left stores and everything I refuse to wear a mask anywhere from the beginning

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can be rather blunt, 2 yes 2 months ago they were all talking COVID VACINATION CARDS A cold day in hell ...... this is america i well not continue this germaphobe BS any more. bUT WHILE we are all looking at Ukraine. They are talking to states to continue the cards . the elites made way to much to let it go just because war broke out.

Cichlidboy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I can be rather blunt, 2 yes 2 months ago they were all talking COVID VACINATION CARDS A cold day in hell ...... this is america i well not continue this germaphobe BS any more. bUT WHILE we are all looking at Ukraine. They are talking to states to continue the cards . the elites made way to much to let it go just because war broke out.
I agree completely

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Weird things can indeed happen, but you can't be afraid to get dirty. The soil contains both good and bad bacteria and in a healthy body the good keeps the bad in check.

I read an article once about gut bacteria. These researchers had studied a tribe of people who lived an pretty unadulterated life - no processed foods, fake additives, sugars, etc. They found that these people had millions of strains of bacteria living in their gut. The average American has less than a dozen. Your immune system starts in your gut. Work to build the good bacteria and you'll enjoy a healthier life. Eat some dirt every day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Weird things can indeed happen, but you can't be afraid to get dirty. The soil contains both good and bad bacteria and in a healthy body the good keeps the bad in check.

I read an article once about gut bacteria. These researchers had studied a tribe of people who lived an pretty unadulterated life - no processed foods, fake additives, sugars, etc. They found that these people had millions of strains of bacteria living in their gut. The average American has less than a dozen. Your immune system starts in your gut. Work to build the good bacteria and you'll enjoy a healthier life. Eat some dirt every day.
I love this response Lisak 1…I lived on the border of VT and Canada for 2 years without running water or electricity and I never got sick…(yes, a flower child:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

Fully fully fully agree and that's where the past two frikin years came from. Germaphobes got in office and a new strain of the flue surfaced they wanted someone out of office. There was not one mention of the flue the entire time they were talking of covid and THE I mean THE very day theY dropped the masks I saw my first sign on cvs get your flue shot. There was 33 strains of covid virus the common cold is one the flue has 30ish. THEY HAVE NOT FOUND A CURE FOR EITHER OF THOSE AND FULLY VACINATED well we all know how THAT has worked out. i AM NEVER SICK . and i have had my fair share of playing in the dirt playing hard and going where no man has gone before. a CERTAIN TV station is in deep trouble they keep firing their staff, as we come out of this and we all see there were half truths. For two years they said having had the virus does nothing for you get jabbed ...well now the truth comes out that natural immunity hands down blows away the jabb one two three or four. Maderna made 13 BILLION from covid jab alone. see any reason why this went on and on and on.
Russia invades, WAR ...................new flavor of the day . no more talk of covid but small mentions here and there. The infection rate has tripled in the last week we went from 150 to 450 in the state ...you got to be kidding !!!!!!!!! tuberculosis has higher infection rates and when's the last time you heard of someone fighting TB WHO WASN'T A SERIOUS JUNKY . yeah I KNOW i walked the line maybe a couple toes are still on the wrong side. my bad

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I feel that if you are worried about getting some disease or infection from your pond water that your pond has some serious issues and you need to look at your filtration and maintenance program.

I imagine there could be less than desirable bacteria in a pond but I sometimes think my pond water is cleaner and safer than my tap water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I feel that if you are worried about getting some disease or infection from your pond water that your pond has some serious issues

Agreed. It's easy to get squeamish and all weird about germs and bacteria, but the truth is we are CRAWLING with bacteria. We have 10 times more bacteria in our bodies than we do human cells. Every time you poop, it's 100 billion bacteria cells for every gram of poop. We are built in an amazing way.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love seeing peoples faces when there hear there are mites on their eye lashes

Ask a Question