Anyone Have Experience with This Filter?

Reaction score
I have a pond around 800 gallons with 5 Koi and some plants. The filter I have is not adequate, and I know I SHOULD get an external barrel or box type of filter, but because my pond is against a wall, there is no good place to setup an external filter. I found this submersible filter and thought I would see if it seems that it might do the trick for me:

http://www.lifegardaquatics.com/products/product.php?id=33

Does anyone have any experience with these, or advice as to if this this might be adequate?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Hi,

I've not seen this type of filter before, but it looks like it's not going to be very maintenance friendly. Is there really no place to house an external filter next to your pond.... what about digging down next to it so that the external filter is hidden?

cheers,

Andy.

Reaction score
Thanks Andy! I will try to post up some pictures, but yes, I don't think I have room. I say I don't "think" so, because from what I have learned so far, a box or barrel filter needs to be above the water level of my pond so that the outflow can drop into the pond via gravity. I will try to post up some pictures to show. But do you have any thoughts as to if this would work?

Reaction score
I think im correct in saying that for a gravity filter your right but perhaps a pressurised filter would be ideal. They are designed to be buried and can be lower than the height of your water in the pond. Im new to this myself so i could be wrong.
Also these types can be back flushed so are very easy to maintain and clean, unlike the in pond filters which need lifting out to clean. Hope this helps.

Ask a Question