approx 900g pond build in RI (pics of course)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
i got the electrical out there today and had a pallet of penn thin field stone delivered. i dont think there will be enough rock on the pallet but i stopped a spot where they are excavating for something and the foreman said i could take as much rock as i wanted so i guess i will get the rest there.

i will hide the electrical box better later. the 2nd receptacle is on a switch for lights under the fall sometime in the future.
8551494e.jpg

the pack exploring
ca4d96f7.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
i should mention that the plugs are not gfi because they are coming off a gcfi circuit breaker in the panel. i figured i have 2 dedicated breakers for the reef tank so i will run the pond off of one of those.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Free rock great, just some labor involved, loading and unloading.............

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They must be the slave diggers .That clear plastic tubing breaks down fast so for long term I would buy better stuff.How many amps are your breakers and how much do you have running off them now .I got those breakers but my son also put in a main box surge protector .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Also warning caught Herschel lifting his leg getting ready to pee in the pond .He is a great dane and that could be a lot of pee .Never once did I ever think of a dog peeing in the pond LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
i thought about the tubing but not after i bought it. so i guess i will be replacing in a couple years.

i have dual 20 amp circuits each running on separate poles in the main box which is a 200amp service (about 6 years old). so i got a total of 40 amps and the most i have seen on the meter is 16amps...

good point about dog pee thats an ammonia spike for sure. they both kind of already have their favorite spots but i will keep an eye out

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Watch the tubing it clouds and the green stuff clogs it up .Yeh I have 200 amps to so you are fine there .I never thought Herschel would do that either ,but well he did and I caught him .The surge protector is a great add to your circuit breaker box it protects the whole house from surges and when it comes to that it is worth the 100 dollars it cost .

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Cilyjr said:
i thought about the tubing but not after i bought it. so i guess i will be replacing in a couple years.

i have dual 20 amp circuits each running on separate poles in the main box which is a 200amp service (about 6 years old). so i got a total of 40 amps and the most i have seen on the meter is 16amps...

good point about dog pee thats an ammonia spike for sure. they both kind of already have their favorite spots but i will keep an eye out

You should be more than good with that amount of amps. I have one 20amp circuit that runs my pump, air pump, transformer for 12v lights and have never had any trips.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Tahermann4 try led lights they are brighter and have come down a lot in cost and easier to maintain and install .I changed over 2 years ago and would never go back .I wait for them to be clearanced out and have them all around my house .I even changed all my Christmas lights to them .I could not believe just how bright they are .I don't like the solar ones they don't stay charged long enough .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
liner came in today. firestone 45 mil epmd....damn it is heavy! i also got the skimmer box. so i now have everything and i wanna get it all installed!!!!!!!!!!! Erin (my wife) is making me go to a AAA ballgame tomorrow though so sadly i cant get in until Saturday. i am unsure if i have enough rock but i can get that for free at my leisure from the building site!

so my plan is to fill it wait a few days then.....well what? i will test ph should i dechlorinate? or will a week if it running be enough time for the chlorine to break down on its own?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had to do my liner by myself and had to get under it at first to spread and believe get extra hand to help .I was stuck under it for over an hour ,I could not find my way out .Took me a long time to find the shallow end of the pond so I could crawl out .Being only 5ft. 2 inchs tall and the pond being deep it is not the easiest to get out of .Would have won America's funniest home videos for sure .So get help make it easy on yourself and I unfolded it and laid it in the sun for awhile to make it more flexible .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cilyjr said:
liner came in today. firestone 45 mil epmd....damn it is heavy! i also got the skimmer box. so i now have everything and i wanna get it all installed!!!!!!!!!!! Erin (my wife) is making me go to a AAA ballgame tomorrow though so sadly i cant get in until Saturday. i am unsure if i have enough rock but i can get that for free at my leisure from the building site!

so my plan is to fill it wait a few days then.....well what? i will test ph should i dechlorinate? or will a week if it running be enough time for the chlorine to break down on its own?

Fill it, either dechlor the water or wait. Also wait for a while to add fish, once you do add very few cheap fish. A week should be fine, and you can test for chlorine levels.

Just remember you pond will have to cycle, algae, green water, murky patience and time is good fix for the issues.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Be sure you get all your folds done nice and neat before you fill it, this is easier if you let it sit in the sun a bit and get good and pliable. Also leave yourself some extra liner around your waterall in case you decide to tweak it once you get it going.

Ask a Question