Are these honey bees?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Either someone near you has hives or there is a wild hive near you. They like water as close as possible. There are more wild hives in Florida then up here and a lot of bee keepers.

They don't tend to have a hive down low. Prefer 15 feet plus off the ground. And prefer a good sizeable space for the hive.
Yes thank you. This hive is temporary. Or see if they find it fit. Then I will move it. (Or the are on a bee line). Re-home to a box hive.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Irelandk that might might not work. Most likely not but you never know, it is a bit small, low to the ground. They like shade, bushes, facing south, bee smells, old comb etc etc.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@Irelandk that might might not work. Most likely not but you never know, it is a bit small, low to the ground. They like shade, bushes, facing south, bee smells, old comb etc etc.
Ok great advice, I raised it to about 18”, faced it south and understand I need wax that bees needs. Thank you.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ok great advice, I raised it to about 18”, faced it south and understand I need wax that bees needs. Thank you.
Wax made by bees not just wax and old brood wax, ie comb they raised babies in, got that smell. Propolis helps also the sticky stuff they glue the hive together with, it attracts them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wax made by bees not just wax and old brood wax, ie comb they raised babies in, got that smell. Propolis helps also the sticky stuff they glue the hive together with, it attracts them.
A natural Wax helps protect the hive from illnesses

Ask a Question