addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
3.5 days to go, pond pumps being pulled today.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
poor mitch no one took the bait .I leave my submerged pumps in the pond even the 1000 gph that I usually only use in the winter .I know you said your other ponds and tanks froze last year ,so i guess better safe than sorry .Is missy ready for her trip .She is one traveling doggie

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our route, no snow predictions..............so taking the north route. Bet we will be passing by some of the ponders on here.

Capture.JPG

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Too bad we won't be able to interface with you and track your progress. On our recent [Boy Scout] bus trip to Michigan, I was giving families updates on our trip progress via a FB group I started for that purpose. I kept a close check on the GPS via my iPad and would take screen shots to post to show our progress. I know, overkill, but there wasn't much else to do on a bus for 24 hours.....

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
get a dash cam and we can ride along .Just no curbside pee breaks please :):)

lol I promise!
Too bad we won't be able to interface with you and track your progress.

I can put in this post where we are off and on. We like best western hotels, they tend to be the cleanest, they always have good working wifi. We figure 600 miles a day which ='s around 8-10 hours depending on the traffic. We have learned in our drives to Florida it is not worth pushing the envelope when driving far, the brain goes road dead.

The house is still the tenants until 10/1 we are giving ourselves 5 days to get there.

The bog was full of small frogs, when I turned off the big pump they were hopping everywhere wondering where their water went to.
Sure made them happy when I started up the 1000 gph pump just flowing across the bog surface.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know that I really hate the trip back to NJ and it is only about 8 hours but traffic on the outer loop and the tunnel and bridge it ends up being 10 to 11 hours .Then you stop to get coffee and bathroom breaks .Great things is the V8 explorer does it on a full tank of gas .We have to get gas usually when we get off the NJ turnpike .I like best western also and we get a discount with aarp and the manager in NJ is a friend of mine so we stay there for free .Free is always good .I wanted to go up this year but it will have to wait until next year .Sister broke her arm on the motorcycle and had to take care of things over there so she could heal .So besides mowing my grass I had to do hers .I hate her zero turn mower but her land is flat so just took my time so I could get used to those bars ,I prefer a steering wheel on my mowers .More like a car and easier .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We can get around 500+miles per tank on the prius, 11 gallons and that sucker flies. We don't wait for gas refills for potty breaks lol

You are going to need a vacation after all this whirlwind activity for sure.

we are always on vacation, just don't act like it, for both being retired we are sure darn busy.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
we are always on vacation, just don't act like it, for both being retired we are sure darn busy.
You're doing it wrong... Haha. Actually you're doing it right, all the trips and such. This one is just a stinker due to the timing. But I'm sure you both will be happy like clams when you're in AZ and it's snowing at home.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well addy remember your range headache well the mother board went on my range but thankfully it is still under the extended warranty .Darn it had a ham in the oven for company and it was on 3 hours and 300 degrees so does any one know if this is done .It is one of those hams with the bone in the center
HELP

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not a meat eater and have no clue how long these darn things take .The oven is still hot so leaving it in the oven

Ask a Question