addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
But I'm sure you both will be happy like clams when you're in AZ and it's snowing at home.
This is a crazy area, it could be green grass and warmish all winter, or 25 inches of snow in October. Or no snow but darn cold, at this point it could still be warm when we get back. You can't put out seed in the fall , because it might do a hard frost then warm up enough for it to start growing.
Well addy remember your range headache well the mother board went on my range
Darn Sissy, hope they fix yours faster than they fixed mine.
Get a cooking thermometer and stick it in the ham it will give you the internal meat temp and let you know if it is done or not. A lot of hams are precooked you are just warming them more than cooking them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I will try that and my bad luck continues took my lawnmower battery back to tractor supply that I just bought 2 days ago it was dead brought the new one home and guess what it is dead also .Where is a lucky charm because I need one really really bad .It is not the lawnmower the guy down the road looked at my mower and tested the battery again and he works for a lawnmower repair shop .He said this one has a dead cell and is defective like the last one .I am so sick of this .It takes me 30 minutes to get to tractor supply .They claimed the checked this one and it is fine

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My ham was a precooked and it looks fine I cut the meat off and will have to warm it in the microwave .Top of stove works somewhat .Called home depot and since I bought the extended warranty they are sending someone out friday .They said it is the mother board which would have cost a 165 dollars plus repairman .It is covered though

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Glad to hear Sissy, so far my stove is still working, the new one they replaced for the lemon..................

I told my honey one thing he will find in Arizona, every store is minutes from my house, tractor supply , harbor freight, costco, sams, lowes etc etc. We have a drive here, but there ....you could almost walk , almost.

And in Arizona, you can buy liquor anywhere, here only in state run liquor stores.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yep here to liquor stores are state run beer and wine in regular stores back in NJ you can buy it just about any wheres .I used my red mower to mow a little .I think I need to buy another mower just to have an extra one .The red one has not been doing good .You have to be careful on hills as some times when you put it reverse and the shift to forward it sticks in reverse, so you have to step on the gas slow so you don't go backwards over the hill .The guy down the road says it needs it worked on and may not be worth it .He said buy another one

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here in MD you can not buy any type of liquor anywhere except state run stores. Not even beer or wine.

I have been running my toro zero turn for 6 years now without any issues, it has the two handles works great. It needs some new blades, sharpened up etc.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We had no mosquitoes this year, so I didn't start the lawnmower even once.
The bees thanked me for it.
I don't miss having a groomed lawn at all.
Even if we moved back to town, we would probably have a xeriscape landscape.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I had hubbies zero turn but hated the handles and sold it .I hate the cub cadet i have the braking system sucks and has broke 2 times .They say the brake is to only be used on a level surface not to stop on a hill .Never buy another one .Lucky it was under warranty .Mitch since you are bored and need practice you can come mow mine so you don't forget how to do it .:LOL:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I let our grass, clover dandelions get around 6 inches if not higher before I mow, food for the bees, less mowing for me
Any higher it gets hard to mow. I set my mower at 4 inches, keeps the clover flowers in good shape and dandelions etc. We are not into groomed land...............in case you can't tell

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I never trim, it just grows back. I planted anything that needed trimmed with grasses etc so the zero turn can mow right up to them. I refuse to trim lol

We have four of them hanging, not turned on in years.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
The only reason I would mow is because the mosquitoes love the long wet grass in the morning.
If we could afford it, I would like to xeriscape our entire yard.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If we could afford it, I would like to xeriscape our entire yard.
I did that to my house in az, when we moved in , late hubby and I , the first water bill was 389 bucks to water grass, for a month, ...................grass gone....................

rocks, crushed granite, low water use trees, bushes, etc.

Ask a Question