Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This birdie found the best place to get a drink
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG

Got a snap of the little jack rabbit that is living in our back yard, such big ears compared to our cotton tails in maryland
Capture5.JPG

These are the flagstaff mountains, where I went to school and a shot of a plateau as we entered Arizona. I really love the views, the red rocks, the openness, hate the heat lol

Capture6.JPG
Capture7.JPG

The window is framed

Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Love the pictures! You're obviously working hard.....hope you can make time for skinny dipping :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well good news! I was up on a ladder, grooming the mesquite, (huge thorns) a nice young man called out mamm (geez I am not a mamm)..............
anyways he says you should not be doing that. Then he handed me a card about landscaping, trying to get business in the area. I showed him all we needed done (remember the quote for 6500 and we had a previous quote of 5000 for just trimming the trees) . Anyways after chatting with him, letting him know what we want clean up until we go back to Maryland and I am going to pay for a year of clean up for the new owners. So he looked around and said for 300.........300 ....300.............. he will do everything we want done. I hired him on the spot! We had the dumpster dropped off so he said without it would cost 600, but since they did not need to drag everything to the dump, only 300.

Doing the excited happy dance, a big plate of work has been removed from the table!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
WOW! That's a bargain! Good to know you don't have to do the work yourselves and you'll be there to make sure he knows what he's doing. Lucky day!

Edited to add: We found our best landscaper almost the same way. He was working across the street and we were waiting for another guy to come and give us a quote. My husband wandered over to ask what he would charge and hired him on the spot. He worked for us for over 12 years until he retired. I hope you have the same luck!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks, he will be here tomorrow around 9am. See how it goes as they say.
This will save us so much time and effort. We can concentrate on the tweaking to make it look good stuff. q-tip / toothbrush clean is what the say .......... in dusty az that is a little hard to do

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
lots of work there Addy!!

By the way, I decided to go to Arizona for a vacation with my friend in May next year. we are going to visit some vortex and so we are probbaly going to go to Sedona. I've passed there once and I LOVE arizona.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I hope the "gardener" person works out. You have to wonder what the difference, BIG difference in price is all about. But I would gladly pay someone, just to free you up to get other stuff taken care of.

So, when are they going to get their stuff out of the garage? And do they even have a place to move it? Could you suggest they rent a POD and just move everything [well, except the cars] out and into the POD? And can't those things be stored, so they could have it all moved off the property ASAP.....

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's going to make things much easier for you Addy. Especially since I know how much you love working outside in the crazy heat! I hope he works out for you!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lots of work there Addy!!

By the way, I decided to go to Arizona for a vacation with my friend in May next year. we are going to visit some vortex and so we are probbaly going to go to Sedona. I've passed there once and I LOVE arizona.
Sedona is beautiful, I am hoping we can make a drive to southern Utah, I just love the canyons up there, the rocks are unreal beautiful. I used to do four wheeling in red rock canyon, lower Utah. It is a 8 hour drive it would need to be over night trip.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The landscaper showed up, right on time, worked all day, just on the front yard. I think I am going to pay him a bit more. I don't think they knew how much work it would be. We filled a 24x8 foot dumpster just with the front yard and a bit of the back yard.

They, he and buddy, were working out in a pouring thunderstorm, kept telling him it could wait a bit, we were not in a stress about it. But this guy has work ethics, apologized about quitting since they could not rake up the front with it soaked.

They dropped a huge mesquite branch that had broken and the limb was laying on the house. Around 1.5 feet in width. That wood is darn heavy, they are taking all the big pieces to cook with, makes great bbq wood. Then blew the leaves off the roof, unreal job they are doing.

Love the rain here, it pours! Right now flash flood warnings.

We are a nice cool 64 here, Thursday back up to 97.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So, when are they going to get their stuff out of the garage? And do they even have a place to move it? Could you suggest they rent a POD and just move everything [well, except the cars] out and into the POD? And can't those things be stored, so they could have it all moved off the property ASAP.....
They told us they have rented storage units, they were here until the storm hit, hauling things out of the shop. There is a lot of stuff there. Thunder lightening, crashing booming. He says he has a place for the cars, but can't move them until the stuff in the front of the shop is moved. Sort of blocking the way.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
75 tons of crushed gravel being moved with a skid loader, geez that thing bounces you around. Touchy, so far I have not tipped it over. Small bucket. Rented for one day up to 4 now lol, pics later...

Ask a Question