Article Section Open for Business!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The new article section is open for business :D.

https://www.gardenpondforum.com/articles/

There is one article there so far, but hopefully plenty more to come. Every time a new article is created, a discussion thread is made in the article forum for commenting.

As the article section is very different from the forums, anything that appears there needs to be edited for spelling and grammar - as it should be a high-quality article of the sort that you'd see in print or online. We also need to make sure that anything posted there is original content and not copied/pasted from elsewhere (or we'd get into trouble).

If you'd like to submit an original article of your own, please go to the article section and click the "add article" button in the top right corner, then choose the "article submission area". Anything that appears in here is open for members to view, but it needs to be approved (and edited if required) before being moved to an article section that is open to the whole internet.

It may sound like a strict process, but we need to be careful to avoid giving a platform to spammers, as this new section will be high profile in a new newsletter we're releasing. We also need to make sure that anything submitted is of high quality so that we are known as a resource of informative articles, as well as having friendly & knowledgeable forums. Hopefully we'll get lots of article content over the coming year, which can be shared online with ponding/koi friends on places like facebook and other sites.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Spot on Ian just checked things out and just love the fact you can hook back into the discussion leaving the article as what it is an article :happy:
I we are all going to be busy for quite a while with this as everyone will be looking back at past threads to add to this new section itself broken down into different aspects of our hobby in general.
Cant wait to see it fully functional my friend :cool:

Dave

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Anybody want to put together a list of topics for the article section? Members could then choose a topic to write about.

If two members write about the same topic would both articles but used on the forum?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There are categories, if an article does not fit I am sure Ian would make a new category. More than one person can write an article about the same thing. Like food, filters, construction etc. There are lots of ways to build a pond. The only consistent thing is water.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
There are categories, if an article does not fit I am sure Ian would make a new category. More than one person can write an article about the same thing. Like food, filters, construction etc. There are lots of ways to build a pond. The only consistent thing is water.
Agreed addy not everything about our hobby is standardized, people have ideas a person may not have tried or wants to try , I think it vitally important that these ideas have a place a newcomers to GPD can access .
Knowledge is the thing here dont you agree .
People may not think you have an article in them but believe it or not they do , there is no set forumula to laying one out .

Dave

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Yep, that sums up my thoughts exactly :).

Ask a Question