sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
plants can grow faster in water if the pond is in full sun because water can get warmer than the ground can .But that can also depend on night temperatures ..It was the reason my dad always put down straw in between the beds all the time .Just before winter came dad would but down manure and straw to keep beds warmer and fertilized .Our little farm produced a lot of veggies

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
When we get some good sunshine and the babies get a tiny bit bigger, I will get some pictures. The adults are so weird. I'm trying to imagine getting a good picture.
No wonder fishermen have such a challenging job.
Yesterday, I tossed in just a pinch of food. Probably 12 mini pellets (for very small fish.) They came out of the cave like it was a clown car. They swam around below -- obviously getting interested. Then they came up closer to the surface and acted like they would go for it -- then about an inch from the surface, they'd change their minds and retreat. Finally, the one I call Pig got the eating started. After everyone had a nibble, they all paused at mid-depth, almost lined up, and were absolutely still. What on Earth????? Maybe they forgot to say grace, so they decided to pause for prayer... LOL!
lol bags , the way ur telling , seems to b ur fry is 2 to 3 week old , new born dont even swim down , i watch my pond more when there are fry growing in early age , i have always few batches lined up , 1st batch of this year may b march or feb had 6 survival and they grew so fast i cudnt imagine in a month or so they have mingled with the adults and are 2+ inch

at smaller age they are so fast hyper funny i cant even take pic they r running in hurry smwhere lol in rocks plants and chasing eachother playing . i have few in aquarium but they grow slower . when they grow i keep some good ones and give away others to neighbors friends etc or to the shop , i gave an aquarium gift to my neighbor they had 2 lil kids

there are some losses in goldfishes yearly but now very rare 1 or 2 will die yearly , its more in new ponds or if dissease came , i rem 1st spawn in my new house i had 35 fry in which hardly 5 survived today so they replace losses , i have extra canal type pond beside the original pond and the same water and pump is used to filter circulate it , il put some excess fishes there .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
congrats jimmy we remember u bought these guys , i think they survive most in the 1st spawn as there are fewer fishes to eat eggs and water quality is good
Even though I did it the wrong way.... Pond is finally cycled 0 ammonia nitrates and nitrites normal..... But if 10% of these guys survive don't know what I am going to do with them..... Lol

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
lol bags , the way ur telling , seems to b ur fry is 2 to 3 week old , new born dont even swim down , i watch my pond more when there are fry growing in early age , i have always few batches lined up , 1st batch of this year may b march or feb had 6 survival and they grew so fast i cudnt imagine in a month or so they have mingled with the adults and are 2+ inch

at smaller age they are so fast hyper funny i cant even take pic they r running in hurry smwhere lol in rocks plants and chasing eachother playing . i have few in aquarium but they grow slower . when they grow i keep some good ones and give away others to neighbors friends etc or to the shop , i gave an aquarium gift to my neighbor they had 2 lil kids

there are some losses in goldfishes yearly but now very rare 1 or 2 will die yearly , its more in new ponds or if dissease came , i rem 1st spawn in my new house i had 35 fry in which hardly 5 survived today so they replace losses , i have extra canal type pond beside the original pond and the same water and pump is used to filter circulate it , il put some excess fishes there .
The ones acting weird with the food are the adults. They are sooooo strange! :)
The fry are itty bitty. I'm pretty sure I might fall in one day, trying to look for them among the pebbles and roots.
They are going to be very fun to watch, once they are a bit bigger! I look forward to the hyper stage! I think the big ones are just naturally more cautious and neurotic! :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You would not believe the list I have and all I did was mention free fish and post at my local garden center

Ask a Question