Baby raccoon won't leave!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Must have gone for a drink or went to the bathroom somewhere and came back to eat some more.

Attachments

• P1030206.JPG
    P1030206.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 190

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well it is house trained! Didn't want to make a mess.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow tmann I think you've really got a keeper there...........he knows a good thing when he sees it and he ain't leaving! He's looking at you like he wants you to refill that feeder RIGHT NOW!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
No he is looking at me to let him in because it's getting ready to rain. Lots of thunder and lightning, probably scared.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
the poor lil thing, take it out a raincoat, or at least an umbrella.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha Ha reminds me of the commercial on tv where the lady needs glasses and is calling her cat to come in ..........well looky here it is:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well my little friend seems to have brought his brother or sister with him last night. My dog chased them off this morning and now they are back forging on the remaining grapes, can't be more than another night or two worth of grapes to eat.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well my little friend seems to have brought his brother or sister with him last night. My dog chased them off this morning and now they are back forging on the remaining grapes, can't be more than another night or two worth of grapes to eat.

Well were are the pictures! lol, It is nice for them to visit, but I know you will be happy when they move on.

Reaction score
They don't come much cuter than that. Thanks for the pics. I love the way the bottom of their feet feel, it is like a soft leather. Enjoy them.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
While they are cute, I am afraid if they stay here more than a few days I am going to have to trap them and relocate them. Last night before going to bed I looked out and they were foraging, one left and was sitting in my creek. So I went out to see what he or she was doing and from a distance I watched him go to the edge of the creek where it goes into the pond. It looked like he was watching my fish but I could not see the fish from where I was. I continued to watch and he walked up the creek some more and went I got closer to see if he had gotten a fish or what i heard this crunching sound coming from his mouth. I watched him a few more minutes, he could care less that I was standing 5' away from him. What I noticed is he was eating snails in the creek, the really tiny ones. I don't think he got a fish but it may only be a matter of time. While I was watching him the koi were swimming right in front of where he was before, now they are too big for him but I am sure he can scratch them or beat them up a little.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Forgot to attach a pic of his brother at the feeder while he was down by the creek. I should have taken the camera with me when I was 5 feet away from him eating snails.

Attachments

• P1030221.JPG
    P1030221.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 190

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They love snails! one way to get rid of some, but would suck if they hurt your fish

from the net

Raccoons will not enter water that is deeper than they can stand in. Consequently, you want to design your enlarged pond to be at least a foot deep and have the sides drop off at a fairly steep angle. You will want to keep plants and plant pots at least two feet from the edge. This will prevent raccoons from jumping to these "islands." If possible, make the rock edge around the pond steep so that it will not serve as a steady perch from which to trawl your pond waters.
The bigger the pond, the less vulnerable it will be to raccoon raids. The fish will be perfectly safe from the raccoons when they are restricted to standing on the pond edge without a good reach into the water.

tmann, if you would like a piece of that grass, I have some i could get a clump out of and send it to you. Heading to the post office tomorrow. Then it could get established somewhat before winter.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hmmmmmmmm, tmann you may have a problem if the fish are in the creek cuz I think those raccoons may just grab them out and eat them. Hope you can relocate them both together so they have each other.........family thing ya know, lol!

Ask a Question