Baby raccoon won't leave!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You guys are probably getting tired of all my pics of my newest outdoor pets, but they show up like clockwork every night. The two kids show up first around 9 then the rest of the family gets here sometime after 1am then the parents leave around 5 and the kids hang out till about 9 the next morning. At least they are leaving and not staying all day like the first few days.

Attachments

• P1030241.JPG
    P1030241.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 224
  • P1030240.JPG
    P1030240.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 228

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Never get tired of them, they are so darn cute! thanks for posting and you have wonderful pictures.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Those babies are adorable! What I'm trying to figure out in the last 2 pictures is what are they holding onto? It looks like they are below the board, so are the climbing on the grape vines themselves? I didn't think the vines would hold them, but maybe they are small enough and the vines are mature and strong. Great pics! Keep em coming .... well, as long as the babies keep coming for breakfast. It's funny that the whole family shows up, but that the babies come first.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Haro, baby foxes (kits?) are like watching kittens playing. I have tons of fox in the area where I live, but so far have not seen any babies, just the adults. I have only seen maybe 2 groundhogs in my area since I've lived here, over 40 years! No rabbits, quail or pheasants either. Between the coyotes and hawks, they are dwindled down to very few. A family would starve if they had to hunt these type of game for meals. I don't want my barn cats to be made into a meal, but would love for a fox to make a den in my old barns. Probably asking for trouble, but it would be fun to watch the kits play, as long as the cats and my little Bostons would stay away. Oh well, best they stay in the woods farther away. :)

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Those babies are adorable! What I'm trying to figure out in the last 2 pictures is what are they holding onto? It looks like they are below the board, so are the climbing on the grape vines themselves? I didn't think the vines would hold them, but maybe they are small enough and the vines are mature and strong. Great pics! Keep em coming .... well, as long as the babies keep coming for breakfast. It's funny that the whole family shows up, but that the babies come first.

Country they are holding onto the grape vines. They are rather small vines and I was a bit surprised it held them as well.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love the pix tmann, keep posting them. They sure do look like little bandits caught w/ the good in their little paws hiding in the grape leaves :cheerful:

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The other one is very shy takes off running across the arbor when I go out to take his pic. The one in the pic is very photogenic.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's the nightly pics of my two newest pets...

The first pic is where he was hanging on the grapevine that has fallen down from him or her climbing on it to get to the grapes, not sure how he hasn't fallen.

The second and third are where I thought I was taking a pic of one but when I downloaded to the computer there were two there.

Attachments

• P1030245.JPG
    P1030245.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 240
  • P1030251.JPG
    P1030251.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 263
  • P1030252.JPG
    P1030252.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 347
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I'm sorry, but I just love this thread! Those babies are so adorable, they look like they are having a conversation with you, such expression in their eyes! And, you were thinking of getting rid of them if they didn't leave .... bet you're having as much fun as us, especially since you know who comes first, and when the whole family is there, and who is left last. LOL They just look like their face is painted. Thanks so much for sharing your babies with all of us TMan. :razz:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I know Country this is so fun seeing them every day and night. I giggle at every photo and the ones w/ the two of them peeking down made me laugh out loud.
Tmann these little critters make my day! I look forward to seeing them from now and even til they bring their grand-kids :wub:

Reaction score
With the photos you could probably sell them, enter them in competition or get them published in a wildlife magazine, perhaps with your state's wildlife department.
I want to see a pic of the arbor holding up your grapes. Did you make it?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
agree with all the above! keep posting my fav thread right now! love them they are so darn cute.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
With the photos you could probably sell them, enter them in competition or get them published in a wildlife magazine, perhaps with your state's wildlife department.
I want to see a pic of the arbor holding up your grapes. Did you make it?

Nova here ares some pics of my arbor. I built it about 7 years ago, have had the grapes growing on it since then. The grape vines have done ok but they are a real mess, obviously with the raccoons eating them and dropping the skins on the patio every night and the others that just fall. I am looking for something else to grow on the arbor that will provide shade and not be messy or take over the whole back of the house either.

Attachments

• P1030253.JPG
    P1030253.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 272
  • P1030254.JPG
    P1030254.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 253
  • P1030255.JPG
    P1030255.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 255

Ask a Question