j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I could see them sorta better in the 2nd video, at least their little paws smacking at each other now and then. Be careful out there tmann, sounds like you kicked the bucket and almost fell over in the dark!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You know how kids are! they love to play........neat, a little hard to see, but fun to watch.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That was really neat. I could sit and watch forever! When you going to the store to buy more grapes for them :D

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow neat, thanks tmann They sure are cuties, think they adopted you.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
JW is right, they are all out of grapes and sure look hungry! Cute how they were wrestling with each other ... I was waiting for one of them to tumble. And, I know you don't want them as pets, but you COULD give them some food. I would be very tempted, just because they are so cute! Glad you're having fun with them, and they are obviously enjoying your company as well. :)

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
Here is a better video.

Tmann, hey you get some cure little coons there, but I don't get your luck with coons. A few years back, some coons killed, mutilated and dragged away 3 koi from my unnetted pond. At 10pm last night, one big coon (30ish pounds) had attempted to eat my koi. It's hungry enough to jump into my pond of 7 koi. It was tangled by my protective net as it doggy-paddled around. It somehow got untangled and left without my fishies. I was too busy to look for my pepper-spray to save my fishies, and I didn't even think of video-taping the coon. Perhaps next time I'll shoot some video to share with you guys when the coon returns for his fishy dinner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Wow, Johnnie, I would have been worried about the fish, too, and getting that coon out of the area! But, oh how funny it would have been to have a video of him trying to get untangled from your net! Better yet, to have a video of you spraying him with pepper spray while he was still somewhat tangled, get him good, bet he would not return for fish. :) I sure hope the net incident keeps him from having second thoughts of coming back for more attempts! They will figure out the net and figure to go under it if they have the chance, so be sure it is secured well on all edges. Good luck! Raccoons are one wild animal that really thinks things through, very craft fellows. Fun to watch as babies, but not so fun when they get older and destructive. We are all enjoying T'Mann's babies, but he knows he will need to get rid of them sooner or later. :) Your big coon sounds scary! I had no idea they would go swimming for the koi. Are they able to stand and catch the koi, or were they able to chase the koi into a corner where they could not get out? I'm soooo sorry to hear of their killings in your pond and glad you have a net to keep them out. I would be devastated if anything came and snatched any of my fish, koi or goldies!

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It's been a while since I reported on my new friends. One of the little guys is still coming around but much later in the night usually around 1 or 2 in the morning, several days ago there were 4 of them out there making a ruckus and it woke up my dog she went nuts. Then last night once again the dog gets up after hearing or smelling them (windows are open) when my wife goes out to get the dog she is face to face with the raccoon who is standing at our back door, she said they were nose to nose. This is the first time that we have seen them come right up to the door and the reason the one did this time is probably b/c I sprayed our door tracks with some Pam so they slide easier. The reason I use Pam and oil is b/c the dog likes to lick the door track every time I use something on it, so this time I thought it would be safer for her, not even thinking that the raccoon's would like it too.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
But, but, but where are the photo's of the little buggers tmann. Soon they will be leaving the nest and we won't get to see them anymore........boo hoo!

I had to rescue some half grown baby ducks yesterday on my walk by this pond. The two ducks were sitting in the middle of the road and one got out of the way when I came near but the other was slow to move and when it finally did it moved w/ a slight limp and sat down to rest every few seconds. I ushered them to the pond down the road and there were a couple other bigger ducks there that came to check them out. They didn't act like family tho. Today I checked on them while on my walk and saw one of the little ones, the one w/ the limp hanging on the bank w/ the other bigger ducks. Don't know where the other uninjured little duck was but soon they all walked up to the back porch of a house near the pond prolly looking for somebody to come out and feed them. So I think they will be ok. I'll check on them again when I go by there. I'm a sucker for a poor injured or lost animal!

Ask a Question