Bad Day

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Behind schedule on netting the pond due to being in the hospital. Our pond is big and it is a two person job. Hubby had to work yesterday, so decided today would be the day. A day late and a few fish short, though! Yesterday a Heron found my babies. Possibly 2-3 of the large koi and the channel cat, couple of shubbies and some comets. I am so mad at myself as I let my friends down. Now the remaing fry and fish are in hiding. My favorite guy, Sinatra who could spot me coming from a mile away and would start to blow me kisses is gone. I spotted the culprit :lol: twice today, took up a spot in the neighbors yard. I chased him away both times.

I know the heron was just doing what it is they do, but it is still not easy to deal with.

rdk

Reaction score
I am sorry about your fish. You should have a full time pond cover to keep these animals out of your pond. RDK

Reaction score
I'm so sorry. That hurts.

My old house had no problems at all with the dog out there. New pond does not have access for my dog. :( When we first moved in there was a bob cat hanging around the pool. Now that the dogs are here, I haven't see it. But the pond in on the other side of the yard. That worries me.

We get used to our little friends. And to loose one is hard to take.

Ask a Question