Bagspond update for May

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I have a TON of pictures. Is there a place where I could post a bunch of them -- starting with groundbreaking and ending with the finished product? It is fun to see the progression!

For now, I will post some pictures from this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_4002.JPG
    IMG_4002.JPG
    276.3 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_4003.JPG
    IMG_4003.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_4005.JPG
    IMG_4005.JPG
    316.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_4006.JPG
    IMG_4006.JPG
    352.5 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_4010.JPG
    IMG_4010.JPG
    290.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_4014.JPG
    IMG_4014.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_4016.JPG
    IMG_4016.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_4022.JPG
    IMG_4022.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_4023.JPG
    IMG_4023.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 226

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Why don't you start a pond showcase?
The pond looks great with all the plants & shrubs. You did a great job!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Thanks, everyone! I am happy with the siting of the pond. I can see it from the living room and from the porch, which is nice for general viewing and for safety. We will see how much I'm cussing in the Fall, when the leaves start dropping -- but I'm planning to net then. Becky, when we bought the house 20 years ago, the hydrangea was the only plant in the whole yard. Whatever kind it is, it is well suited to the climate and the general location in the yard. I have other hydrangeas, but that one is always happy! Meyer -- as the plants are growing, I'm mentally moving some of the plants around. The elephant ears kind of take away from the impact of the lotus because they are right in line with each other. But I needed to put the lotus pot on the widest area of the plant shelf. I'm sure I will scoot things around a bit every year.
I am having so much fun watching the plants and the fish grow. The fish seem very happy. Even Nellie, the one that had some "issues" seems good now. (I'm guessing she had some spawning trauma.) I have 3 babies that are large enough to swim with the Big Kids. Still dark colored, so it will be fun to see if they change. I did see one black and white speckled baby -- about 1 1/2" long. Really interesting coloring, since all the adults are orange and white.
Thanks to all of you for the great advice. I could not have done it without you!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Wow, your pond looks like it has always been there. You did a fantastic job. I love it. So glad you shared your build with us. I agree with MoonShadows - start a showcase!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
wow bags unbelievable it has totally changed since i saw last time in winter and ur waterr lilly is growing too? love ur plants , did u buy them or u had these varieties already? i love the light blue plant what is it called ,does it bear small berry type fruits?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
wow bags unbelievable it has totally changed since i saw last time in winter and ur waterr lilly is growing too? love ur plants , did u buy them or u had these varieties already? i love the light blue plant what is it called ,does it bear small berry type fruits?
Thank you so much! Do you mean the hydrangea? Or the plant below the hydrangea? The purple plant beneath the hydrangea bush is called balloon flower -- no berries, but it's a fun perennial. I will go back and look for any other blue plants.
I got several of the pond plants as pass alongs, when someone was thinning out what they already had. The water lilies were acquired that way. There is a huge blossom coming out of the water right now! So excited! I think it will be pink. It's really fun to see the plants grow -- since I didn't even know what many of them were!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Beautiful pond and property. You have lots of nice places around your home to view the pond :)

Ask a Question