Bare Bottom Pond Or Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

FountainMan

Dihydrogen Monoxide-scaping.
Reaction score
I deserved some abuse, Just not all of Canada lol.

All I want is the rock question to be explored some more. Not just cast aside as an idiot idea with 0 value.

Sure yes I like your opinions, especially on fountains lol, so lets put this behind us.

Oh, apologize is 1 p or 2 p? LOl. Just jabbing ya,

I have too much time on my hands, ok going to dig that trench!
I love your profile picture. That reminds me of why I got into water gardening. Looks like you have an awesome water feature. I like.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
2003 pond, thanks. 20w halogens on 24volt system. I like the dark mysterious look, just like you.

Colored fountain LED on my current pond, can't wait!

My electrical trench is 1/2 done.

FountainMan

Reaction score
You guys/gals are too cool!!!! Just call me JOe Biden, my big mouth.

Trench is half done!
We can all be like that from time to time. Human nature. In the end we just laugh and put it all behind us. As odd as it is they say this is how some of the best friendships on earth start. LOL

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Sheese! THE TOPIC IS NOT POLITICS OR RELIGION ,BUT YOU WOULD NOT KNOW IT!{ CAN WE ALL AGREE TO DIS _AGREE } AND HOLD THE ELECTION OF THE WINNERS LATER ,AND LET ALL THIS SETTLE TO THE BOTTOM !

Is there a doctor in the house? Somebody needs to go check on this guy, he may be having an aneurysm.

My entire post is about how people have different goals in mind when they create their water feature, so its okay to have differing opinions on rocks or no rocks.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Is there a doctor in the house? Somebody needs to go check on this guy, he may be having an aneurysm.

My entire post is about how people have different goals in mind when they create their water feature, so its okay to have differing opinions on rocks or no rocks.

THANK YOU!< , I"M ALL RIGHT , ARE YOU , ALL RIGHT?

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Can you explain to me what you learned between Post number 1 and post number 2 here? Maybe if you took the time to explain +INSTEAD{ }OF {TYPING people would be more interested in hearing what you have to say. I would love to see what evidence or experience you had that made you suddenly decide that a little sand on the bottom of the pond wasn't good enough.

Everything ,you put in a pond hides or collects some thing ,beautiful at first ,beauty does not last long ,The K.I.S.S principal .really works here ,just sand ,current , filteration and fish !

I THINK YOU SHOULD HAVE LOTS OF ROCKS ,I'm NOT selling anything ,If it's so good ,why vaccumn it out ?Pond co's love rocks $ they also clean rocks $they also remove rocks for a lot of people ,they sold rocks to,and cleaned rocks for $ rock are good for pond co's $ What is not natural is building a pond in the first place,but thats just my opinion ,and you already know what that is worth ! You should only do what you feel is right for you ,mvb Carl

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
Can you explain to me what you learned between Post number 1 and post number 2 here? Maybe if you took the time to explain +INSTEAD{ }OF {TYPING people would be more interested in hearing what you have to say. I would love to see what evidence or experience you had that made you suddenly decide that a little sand on the bottom of the pond wasn't good enough.

Gladly ,We used to call it " Agatating ,till the fur flies and stand back and enjoy the show ! " You can not match wits with the unarmed " #2 was an attempt to apease and YOU is the opperative word ,YOU should have anything You want in your pond ,We all say how well that went over,The Goal was GOATS , #1 REASON , FACTS , LOGIC , were clear ,and were totally ignored as irrelavent ,getting some ones GOAT was the aim ,some people use ROCKS others could use typing errors ,The boy probably has a >HEARD uP TheRe buy NoW + I hope that clears that up! any other question,just let me know!

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I don't think this garden pond forum needs posts aimed solely to stir up the pot. It serves no good purpose. This silly word code is a fun way of telling someone, you're an idiot, your opinions don't matter etc.

Doesn't belong here sorry.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Darn how did I miss this thread? I missed all the fun! Now off to my 2cents!

I prefer no rocks, with that I do have a few large ones in the bottom strategically placed to help hold down my liner from ballooning (hasn't happened in years now, knock on wood). I think my pond bottom looks very natural, can't really even see the liner, it is covered with a thin layer of algae. I have a skimmer and still need to vacuum my pond out twice a year, live in a windy area with lots of tree leaves and my skimmer doesn't catch everything. Plus any of my lily leaves that die off they just fall to the bottom of the pond and eventually break down into muck until I vac them out. I think rock bottom ponds look nice but don't believe it would be worth the time to vacuum around all those rocks.

Reaction score
I just joined this forum a little while ago but with all this arguing and BS I wonder why I did!!!!!!!
Every forum seems to have one or two people who just can't get along.
I think I will go back to just reading books.

FountainMan

Reaction score
I just joined this forum a little while ago but with all this arguing and BS I wonder why I did!!!!!!!
Every forum seems to have one or two people who just can't get along.
I think I will go back to just reading books.
The argument is over and been that way for a few days. As I said earlier let's forget it. It was a misunderstanding and has been resolved. I don't want to hear anymore of it from anyone. Arguments can happen anyware. Let's drop it and continue to post peacfully.

Lets not let a little misunderstanding get in the way of our favorite hobby.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Ahh, its a good thing, you don't want to join a forum where everyone has the exact same thoughts a builds their ponds the same way did you? Just seems some people are a little more headstrong about getting their point across.

multifasited

multifasited
Reaction score
That balooning you spoke of was probably ground water pushing up ,temperary ,unless you over a spring .Location ,and local conditions require custom cures ,be it animals ,preditors ,pets ,trees ,wind ,snow and ice etc. keeps each pond unique in it's own way.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That balooning you spoke of was probably ground water pushing up ,temperary ,unless you over a spring .Location ,and local conditions require custom cures ,be it animals ,preditors ,pets ,trees ,wind ,snow and ice etc. keeps each pond unique in it's own way.

Yes it is from water when it rains several inches in a very short amount of time. I have clay soil and it takes days for it to drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question