barrel for filter safe to use?

Reaction score
thanks koiguy ,still digging hole so will be a little while, by the way why not glue parts inside filter like the support bracket and swirl type inlet?

Reaction score
mailman, there is no leaking inside a bucket, so your parts don't need to be glued. Even if you had a drip in your piping inside, it's just falling into a barrel of water anyway. It also makes it easier to remove the innards of the barrel for cleaning, etc.

PS3

Reaction score
dont glue them if they are in the barrel i glued my tee and elbows
but i went out and brought new ones good thing because i made the stright pipe
to tall and i just took it off and cut it if it was glued i would have taken more
time to fix the problem

Reaction score
Hey Koiguy,.is that a weir for the standard Rubbermaid 150gal tank? Did you make it your self? I want one!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yes if you look at the addd i posted the sizes i have on there i keep at least one on hand of each
https://www.gardenpondforum.com/waterfall-weirs-diy-filters-t5243.html
these will fit the 70 gl tank, so there should be no problem but measure your tank, and let me know....one of the 9" wide ones gives an openung equal about 15 square inches and can really handle some flow . yet can be put just under the top lip of the tank.

Ask a Question