Beaver video from this morning

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Where is this @RobAmy ?

We have a beaver that lives in the natural ponds in our neighborhood and it's SOOOOO destructive. He/she has taken down over three dozen trees around the ponds in the last few years. We've wrapped the trees in chicken wire and built barricades around them, but that just slows him down. I don't think he'll quit until the trees are all gone. A man who lives behind our subdivision keeps taking down the dams that get built as it's causing flooding on his side of the property, but that seems to just cause the beaver to take down more trees and start over. So frustrating for both sides - and probably the beaver, too!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It is one state over in Connecticut, about 1 hour away from me. Yes they can be destructive but they do create much needed wetlands also.

Reaction score
These things are so destructive and there is nothing you can do without spending money to protect your property. I have a place in Canada where they have destroyed about 17 acres. They took a stream 1 foot wide and dammed it off now there is a lake that is classified as wet lands that I can never use again. They are protected so I can't just trap them myself. I love seeing them but I wish they would go somewhere else. In addition to the wetlands they have chewed several large trees and left them standing. Now they are dead and waiting to fall on the cottage.

Ask a Question