black koi anyone here have one

Reaction score
i am considering purchasing a KUMONRYU Butterfly , It is very dark or black with white fins and tail, Will he disappear in the pond with a black liner/ or will the white long fins
really stand out because of contrast.
DebraLynn

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I have a few black off spring...You don't see them with a black liner
The white fins and tail should let you notice yours easier

Reaction score
Ebay has had really good deals this week. Fish is the last thing on every ones mind.
I have picked up 3 for a average price of 12.00. Shipping for me is only 15.oo.
I made a big sale on ebay this week. So I figured I use a small amount of money to replace my lost koi.
Tha KUMONRYU is going to go high. hE IS UP TO $30 with 3 days left. Quess he won't be coming to West Virgina. *grin*
DebraLynn

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I had a black butterfly. It was like a ghost in the water. It was black on top and whitish on the bottom. The side scales looked like armour plating when I viewed her in a holding tank. I should have phtographed her then before she was picked up.

A customer just had to have her so she has a new home now.

Reaction score
Mine is completely black all around
15xptm1.jpg

Reaction score
i have one and you cannot see him unless he is close to the top and it really clear like after a water change. He also grows the slowest of any of my koi. I have had him the longest and he is getting surpassed by koi 6 months younger than him. :(

Reaction score
I have two although one is abit more browny than black. Both are easy to see or I find them easy to see but not compared to the others.

Reaction score
I have had my black koi for years and love him. It may be a her. LOL It will disappear in to the dark depths of the pond and suddenly appear when it's eating time. Mine has a small copperish color stip at the bottom of its top fin. That's how I find it. This is one of my finds 3 or 4 years ago from Petsmart. I told them I was looking for a Black Koi and they let me know when he came in.

Attachments

• 100_3363.jpg
    100_3363.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 331
Reaction score
Well they will if you get in good with the employees in the fish department. Stop by every other week and talk shop for a couple of minutes. LOL

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I had two blacks, both got eatin by herons. They really didn't show up that well at all. People that came over liked them when they saw them but they were by far the hardest to see. I still have a Black comet that I've posted pisc of in other topics, It's got a little orange on it and I have a Kumonryu that during the winter was all black except the nose and tip of it's tail, now it's got more white showing so I'm watching to see what the new look looks like. The added color on those tow make them far easier to see.

Ask a Question