Blooming and plants

Reaction score
Yeah but it will ship soon just gonna up my bio amount then i will need to expand soon!! Its a orenji matsuba according to the seller. Its a blue with orange mask kinda looks like a blue/orange raccoon

Reaction score
Yeah i do addy. i was advised i was a little overstocked so i may have to up the filtration and do more constant water changes but i think it will be worth it until i can expand (some point this summer) I am also gonna move my shub the the pond above this new one will go in the big pond out back.

newkoi.jpg

Reaction score
i couldnt pass it up. i currently have 4 koi and 1 shub in my back pond it is 1200 gallons 55 gal drum biofilter with swirler in bottom two matala pads then irrigation tubing on top of that. i also have a tetra biofilter running in this pond the main filter leads to a savio waterfall weir and is attached to a 4300 gph pump the tetra is attached to a 1200 GPH pump. i have a fountain head the waterfall and tetra biofilter providing aeration. The 4 koi range from 4-8 inches and the shub is probably 4 inches. This will make a nice addition. It is costing me 35 dollars shipped !!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice fish! noobfisher, almost makes me want to have koi, almost but no thanks lol

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
noobfisher said:
Yeah i do addy. i was advised i was a little overstocked so i may have to up the filtration and do more constant water changes but i think it will be worth it until i can expand (some point this summer) I am also gonna move my shub the the pond above this new one will go in the big pond out back.

newkoi.jpg

Very nice! How long is it?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you already had it. $35 including shipping, such a deal! I am amazed they can sell such a nice koi and shipping for that price. I could sell that Koi easily here for $100 and they would have to pick it up.
You did well, I hope it arrives healthy.

Reaction score
i hope so too they have a DOA guarantee, I got a discount on shipping due to me living so close to them, normal shipping was 55 dollars i got the fish for 12 dollars wound up paying 20 for shipping so it was really 32 dollars. It is shipped fed ex next day. They had rave reviews on ebay. they had 100 percent positive. i am a little worried as i do not have a qt but i know the risk of this. I know not all fish show signs immediatly of problems i guess i will just look it over really good and see but they had no negative feedback of any type and my wife saw it and wanted it. This is the last fish until my expansion.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
no matter how good the fish looks, no matter how good the feedback, Please take the next step and quarantine the new fish, stress during shipping can bring out all sorts of problems. I know you would rather have to treat one fish than a whole pond, I know you would rather lose one new fish than all the fish you have. I had to learn this the hard way, Don't make the same mistake I made. It's a nice fish, Do it right and enjoy it along with your other fish for many years to come. Also, make sure and keep a cover of some type over it while it's in QT and when it gets introduced to the pond, New water, new fish, this is when most jump out other than when there are actual water problems.

Reaction score
OK BAD NEWS!! The koi place called me and said they are currently moving locations and that my koi must have jumped out of the tank they had em in , said they have them in smaller tanks now due to the move and they couldnt find mine to ship but found it dead out of the tank. The guy offered to send pictures and to refund my money fully OR he offered to send me 2 very similar koi to this one for the price i had already paid. I said send me the two. GOOD NEWS is this gives me some more time to put together a proper QT, I was planning on building a lilly pond anyway so i figured i would build the lily pond and make it a QT also! I am going to build a 4'wide by 7' long box it will be 1.5' into the ground and .5ft above ground i am using 4x6 lumber and attaching the liner to the top, securing the lumber with 10" long screws, attaching liner with 2.5" long screws on top AFTER filling it up. What do you think? I am going to have a tetra biofilter that is currently running on my other pond running in this so the bio has started in it and i am going to use water from my current pond in this one or can i use tap water with dechlorinator?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sounds nice, if you use water from your current pond it will be established water, maybe use half pond water and half tap with dechlor and let it cycle some before the fish get there.

Ask a Question