Boston Marathon ,,,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Catfishnut said:
For all this inhumanity that we hear of, watch on the news, read in the papers, that is only a small piece of the pie. We must remember that there is much good in the world, too!

The problem is that the GOOD never seems to get any credit or exposure. We need a NEWS agency which reports on the GOOD things and the GOOD people of this world! Or at least someone to bring the heros and heroines to the forefront so that we can admire, respect and thank them!

Gordy
_So_ much agreement, here.

For what it's worth: http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
what next Mass. now thy have one of them dead and another on the run .See guns don't kill people people kill people but like the news said we make it to easy for them to get guns .We are the only country that allows this to happen .Russians geeze .I wonder if they got away if the planned on the NY marathon next .Cindy Murphy the Russian spy was in this country for how many years and even her boss and his father did not know .She seemed to lead a quite life while she gathered info .What next ,are we really this dumb to allow all this to keep happening in our country

Reaction score
I am so tired of the gun debate. It just makes so much sense to make stricter laws for legal ownership, when criminals will STILL find a way to get them, and cause harm. The gun debate is NOT about keeping people safer, but brainwashing people into more gov't control. No thanks.

This image came across Facebook yesterday, and couldnt hit share as it IS in poor taste, but this is the mentality of some people ...

Reaction score
Just stay home and out of the way. Shut the news off, but will turn it back on in a bit to see if they got the other brother. Glad the one is dead (friggin explosives on him too) ... but hoping they get the other alive ... Sure the world would like to know if there are others involved, or if they were put up to this, or acting on their own ...

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I turned in a guy at the Eden flea market NY plates and he was walking by me and watched him buy several guns and take them out to his tahoe truck and he had a compartment he pulled up in the back of it and was hiding the guns .I watched him and took pics too and then called the police .He got caught and he had 30 guns and hand and rifles and the bottom of the truck was welded in there to hide them .Found out later when police gave me my camera back that he was a known gun runner and so was his whole family ,guns and drugs .I even had to appear in court and that was 6 years ago and believe me I was scared too .His lawyers tried to get him off on a technicality ,but that does not fly in NC .He had 3 sets of license plates in the truck too .I guess changed them out .But he still had the NY plates on the vehicle when i parked behind him .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well when your family is killed by an illegal gun then you will think about those laws .I have been there and I know .I lost my sister because of an illegal gun and then a year later my mom and dad to illegal gun .Thinking about it makes my blood boil .I would wish it on no one :censored: I get mad as hell .I have aright too .I was robbed of my family .I hate the gun laws and thats all I have to say .Step into my shoes .Will not and said I would never speak of this but will not leave other people go through this :angry:

Reaction score
I am very sorry for your loss Sissy, but the key thing you said is ILLEGAL guns. You and your family never should have gone through such a horrible loss, but punishing the legal owners will never help with crime. I am ALL FOR requiring ID, registration, and background checks. If a person has been convicted of a violent crime, I support denying them the right to own guns, including something as simple as a BB gun. The issue here is not the guns, or the crime, but the lack of responsibilities in the courts. Across the boards, reprocussions are not strong enough, with any crime. People do not fear the law. Prison time has become a paid holiday with free room and board. Bring back HARD TIME, and bring back the death penalty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
So, what I don't understand is this:

how is extending background checks to private sellers, and preventing convicted felons and dangerous mentally ill people from getting guns through those extended checks, hurting legal owners? That is my understanding of the law that was proposed and didn't pass.

Reaction score
capewind said:
I am so tired of the gun debate. It just makes so much sense to make stricter laws for legal ownership, when criminals will STILL find a way to get them, and cause harm. The gun debate is NOT about keeping people safer, but brainwashing people into more gov't control. No thanks.
Cape,

You watch, this will come true...

"One day, you will wake up, turn around and realize that you have less rights than a communist."

You won't be able to defend yourself against the government because YOU swallowed all this hogwash and allowed THEM (the government) to take your guns away in a "gun amnesty" program.

They, the "government" will then be able to force you to do anything they desire and you will not be able to oppose their directives, because you have no guns and can therefore not defend yourself and you will be sent to a "retraining camp" to correct or redevelope your thoughts so that you agree with the current establishment.

Stop me if you have ever heard of this before.

I don't condone anarchy or free reign of terrorism, but I sure as hell won't allow my God given rights and privelages to be reduced or removed. I am fighting for these till my last breath! In the USA, we are the very LAST stronghold for such rights and privelages. Almost every other country in the world has had them removed. We MUST resist this here in the United States, otherwise we will be at the mercy of tyrants and terrorists and neither of these has any sense of mercy nor compassion.

If you take away all the guns and enact new laws, there will be two types of people who will always have them.... The government/military and the criminals. If it comes to this, there won't be any difference between any of them as all will have free reign to do as they please and YOU and I will have ABSOLUTELY NO recourse but to follow along... Be it right or wrong. You will either be shot or put in a goulag concentration camp, etc!

Catfishnut

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Waiting to see if they get the last suspect. Really want him dead but would like to know why he did this first and if there are any more accomplices? Stay safe all you guys in MA. and keep your guns handy!

Reaction score
Catfishnut said:
Cape,

I was agreeing with you here, didn't mean to make it sound otherwise, I just got off into the discussion and forgot to say that I agree.

Gordy
I took it the right way LOL ...

I usually avoid the conspiracy theories, but believe our govt is trying to take little steps, through the warm hearts of individuals, to totally strip us of our rights.

WISP: read above, I think this will answer the question you just asked.

Reaction score
Love this quote: I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. (Albert Einstein)

So for now, they target our guns ... Hubby and son are also dead on with a bow ... so when will those make the list? Wont volunteer to give this up either. In fact, need a new one. This one has been around the block a bit, but still accurate.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The police just reported that the last surviving suspect posted on the net that he is going to kill everyone he can cuz we killed his brother so sounds like he will go down fighting and be killed by the police.

Ask a Question