BOTTOM DRAINE

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
mass
I have a 1200 gal. pond I get a lot of crap on the bottom I was thinking about a bottom drain , Are they good or bad ? or do you think they will leak ? I think it would take a lot of crap off the bottom .I tried a Tetra pressure filter with the pump in the pond it did not work that good . I was thinking of a Aqua ultima 2 pressure I wood like to no if any one has a set up like that thanks Larry

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would never build a koi pond without a bottom drain. If installed properly they will not leak. You should have a mechanical filter before your bio filter.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
mass
I would never build a koi pond without a bottom drain. If installed properly they will not leak. You should have a mechanical filter before your bio filter.
I have 1200 gal. pond with a savior skimmer and uv and a savior water fall filter . I wanted to put in a retro on the bottom 2 inch and go to a leaf pot and then in to my ultima 2 filter . I like to get some of the crap off the bottom do you think it will work .

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I've considered rebuilding my pond, although I don't have plumbing skills. If I do it, I'll add a bottom drain :)

Ask a Question