Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Whoa...what?
Could you explain please?
The heater unit once it has pre-heated it uses about as much power as charging a phone to keep the pond from freezing. It takes a long time to cool oil but I can't imagine it would be as efficient if water was used in the system.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
I had a heated driveway in my NJ and it used heated fluid in it and it was so nice at first but heavy snows it could not handle .Especially a couple of the bad storms we had .Problem was I still had to shovel out to it and then since we lived on a privately owned road no plowing for us .4 houses on the road and half the time no one helped me .They would shovel there own driveways and ignore the road
It is alot harder to thaw ice/snow from a hard surface like that but my heater does really well in the pond but I think the rapid moving water makes a lot of help to the system also

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
So you're talking about the power required to run a recirc pump?
No just the heating coils. The circulation is done by the ponds normal pump system. My largest mover a 2500 GPH has a auxiliary hook up and thats what runs the circ motor which is hydraulic and can be ran on either air comp. Or water flow as I use.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
So you're talking about the power required to run a recirc pump?
PS: This system is custom invention so it does not perform like a kit would or purpose made unit. Some aspects are better some are worse. Better is efficacy and power use but much worse is complexity and maintenance each year as well as having to build the entire thing from scratch

Ask a Question