Building pond #2

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The digging of the pond is coming along fine, but I'm not sure how much more we can work at it today, cause it's suppose to storm soon

pond2sept12018.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Your luck with the ground , wish mine was like that. Nothing here but rocks. Good for around the pond but hard to dig. Had a few that where even to big for medium size excavator, one was the size of our Smart car.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Your luck with the ground , wish mine was like that. Nothing here but rocks. Good for around the pond but hard to dig. Had a few that where even to big for medium size excavator, one was the size of our Smart car.
We have large boulders underground, I have a few here and there in my garden found when they built the house, but we've been lucky while digging this pond so far we've only found manageable sized stones

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If you put lime in it will soften the soil also and lime is great for the grass and won't harm anything

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If you put lime in it will soften the soil also and lime is great for the grass and won't harm anything
I'm having the opposite issue right now, with all the rain we've being having the ground is too soft and slushy and the clay gets stuck on the shovel, wheelbarrow and buckets, not to mention our boots

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We pumped most of the water out and started digging. We still have to go back over the whole bottom and level it but the hardest part is done!
Next we need to finish the upper wall and grind all the sharp edges, then it will be ready for the liner
smyes.gif

pond2sept2-2018.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Glad you were able to get back to pond progress, I have a feeling the finished pond will be stunning when finished.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Glad you were able to get back to pond progress, I have a feeling the finished pond will be stunning when finished.
Tara, you are so uplifting and supportive....Thank you! I'm glad you joined!

love2.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Looks like you are all done w/the digging! Time for the liner?
I wish, but we're close!
We still need to fill the cracks with concrete, and grind all sharp edges.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you! I'm glad you joined!
Thank you, I have to say I enjoy this forum immensely, everyone has been so nice, it's great to find so many people with a lot of different ideas, and approaches to this hobby, but all getting along, it does make having a pond more enjoyable. I think when you take your personal time, to share the building of your pond it is helpful to (me)others, and also the more ideas shared the better. Also if you get a white butterfly koi fish for your new pond I will be a little bit jealous.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Looking good!
Thank you! :)

Thank you, I have to say I enjoy this forum immensely, everyone has been so nice, it's great to find so many people with a lot of different ideas, and approaches to this hobby, but all getting along, it does make having a pond more enjoyable. I think when you take your personal time, to share the building of your pond it is helpful to (me)others, and also the more ideas shared the better. Also if you get a white butterfly koi fish for your new pond I will be a little bit jealous.
What if I name it "Tara", would it make you feel better? It'll go nicely with my Tula Chagoi:D

Ask a Question