sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
and heavy rains can make therm unlevel over time .It is 97 here and very humid ,just got done mowing and trimming.your dogs look slightly confused about what the hole is for

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's looking good. I do like your window box in the background also .
Thank you! I came up with the design and hubby built them for me :)
[QUOTE="sissy, post: 389320, member: 2982".your dogs look slightly confused about what the hole is for[/QUOTE]
that, and the huge pile of dirt they keep trying to but can't climb:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We made some progress these past two weekends, we finally were able to finish setting the footings and let the concrete cure for a week...
footings.jpg

...then Saturday we started laying the cement blocks.
We first tried to do one block at a time like we've seen on youtube, but lets be hones we are NOT RobAmy :D the concrete wasn't sticking no matter how we adjusted the water to powder ratio, so we decided to dry stack the blocks putting rebar in every other hole and then fill the holes to bond the blocks together, then at the end we'll fill in the spaces between blocks in the round sections, and cover the face with a uniform coat of concrete and it'll have to be good enough

This is what we did so far...
pond2august 19th2018.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
looks great and once you get gravel and plants around the outside of the pond you will not even notice the block .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
looks great and once you get gravel and plants around the outside of the pond you will not even notice the block .
Actually I'm thinking of finishing the face with large, flat river stones. I would like to hand pick them even if they would be cheaper by the pallet. I've seen some beautiful with crystals I really would like to find some cool ones...and I would do the same on the blocks of the chicken run and future greenhouse to tie it all in
kewanee_skippers-39ad660e5af76d1ae094e429407e0455.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Excellent progress! Can't wait to see the finished result! And love that river rock! Wish we had some of it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Excellent progress! Can't wait to see the finished result! And love that river rock! Wish we had some of it.
Thank you! I really hope the river rock idea works out otherwise I really don't know how to finish the face.

I also have to figure out where I want the steps...should we dig them out of the ground or build them out of concrete blocks after we're done digging the pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That looks like some serious construction, hope it's done soon.
Same here!
Weather permitting next weekend we'll build the plants pool, set the skimmer and waterfall and then start digging ...again if the weather cooperates, this pond could be ready for the liner in the next 3 weeks.

Ask a Question