j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
what you keep missin' Missy, is that since you refuse to go on scheduling duty, YOU don't get to assign sleeping arrangements no more; since you've fobbed THAT job over to my section, I gets ta do the dirty work; I already claimed the loft, Dime is in the big room by the kitchen (in case he wants to whip up some foccocia (sp??) and the patrol dogs need letting out), YOU get the hammock by Y's jeep, and the Boss stays in her throne room on the Yacht. The rest of the doofs have to play rock paper scissors lizard Spock to see who ends up sleeping in Y's puddle hole with the snake repellent gun. The mongooses are on their own.

Now, about that pineappleless pizza...
Blasphemy from the King............off w/your head..............again o_O

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You are like one of those newts that grows body parts back, will have to get you a slime bucket to live in :troll:

[AMTI insertion; I TOO had to use a pickaxe on my first build, the clay was so hard and dry. The second time, it was early spring, much easier as the clay was soft. Still didn't like the digging but at least I could use a shovel on all of it!]

hahahahahah; that's funny on more than one level!!! THAT'S what we call the encampment Dime and I were thrown into as OUR night-time containment! Affectionate lil name, and almost accurate, esp after a couple bottles of ouzo... :p ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Right, you guys get ready for a vacation in the Med! We have two guest rooms, plus a sleeper sofa downstairs, plus room to camp out on the porch. I'll lay in a supply of arak, wine, and Ardbeg. You folks just have to get yourselves over here. Oh, and have I mentioned that my other hobby is off-road jeeping? You would get to see parts of the country that the tourists never see!
I'm A hoe will work for mudd........

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ALL grab a pickaxe and go to Israel!
Frig that i'll arrive with a mini ex and a hoeram will eat that byatch up... that rock looks very soft like its coral or is some of it fractured lime stone and can be very hard

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh, and have I mentioned that my other hobby is off-road jeeping?
Heck my grandmother scared the hell out of my driving on pavement she did 50 in a 30 and 30 in a 50 .. This aint my grandma but with it had been . my grandma found a snapping turtle laying eggs in the addition floor it was all sand. I CAME OUT AND SHE'S SWING a shovel at the poor thing scariest thing i ever saw she almost hit me she did break the window and was way out of control. and here we have a full size pick axe in this little ladies photo tooo much

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Frig that i'll arrive with a mini ex and a hoeram will eat that byatch up... that rock looks very soft like its coral or is some of it fractured lime stone and can be very hard
Oooh, yes! Get that excavator over here and much fun will be had by all!

And yes, that particular rock ended up being a bit crumbly, though parts are much harder. Made it a lot easier for me to let it go and resign myself to leaving it in the hole -- sour grapes...not a very good rock anyway! Fortunately or unfortunately, most of our other rock is good stout limestone.

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Heck my grandmother scared the hell out of my driving on pavement she did 50 in a 30 and 30 in a 50 .. This aint my grandma but with it had been . my grandma found a snapping turtle laying eggs in the addition floor it was all sand. I CAME OUT AND SHE'S SWING a shovel at the poor thing scariest thing i ever saw she almost hit me she did break the window and was way out of control. and here we have a full size pick axe in this little ladies photo tooo much
Ha! What an image!

My Larger Half tells me that he gets a cramp in his leg when I drive (which is pretty much all the time) because he's constantly pressing an imaginary break pedal!

But my offroad driving is actually fairly sedate, since I don't want to ding up my little Vitara any more than it already is. I've got armor on the bottom of it, and it's raised a bit higher than factory specs, but still... It's a surprisingly capable little 4 X 4. I've taken it up and down some terrain that you wouldn't expect it to be able to handle (or survive).

Last edited:

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
what you keep missin' Missy, is that since you refuse to go on scheduling duty, YOU don't get to assign sleeping arrangements no more; since you've fobbed THAT job over to my section, I gets ta do the dirty work; I already claimed the loft, Dime is in the big room by the kitchen (in case he wants to whip up some foccocia (sp??) and the patrol dogs need letting out), YOU get the hammock by Y's jeep, and the Boss stays in her throne room on the Yacht. The rest of the doofs have to play rock paper scissors lizard Spock to see who ends up sleeping in Y's puddle hole with the snake repellent gun. The mongooses are on their own.

Now, about that pineappleless pizza...
I shall let you folks fight over who gets which guest room. But if @Dimelius can make focaccia, then he'll already win the right to sleeper couch near the kitchen and all the arak he can drink!

And yes, we have olives. Seasoned by yours truly and just a tad spicy. Absolutely no pineapples on pizza!!!! Gotta draw the line somewhere!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ha! What an image!

My Larger Half tells me that he gets a cramp in his leg when I drive (which is pretty much all that time) because he's constantly pressing an imaginary break pedal!

But my offroad driving is actually fairly sedate, since I don't want to ding up my little Vitara any more than it already is. I've got armor on the bottom of it, and it's raised a bit higher than factory specs, but still... It's a surprisingly capable little 4 X 4. I've taken it up and down some terrain that you wouldn't expect it to be able to handle (or survive).
Trust me I HAVE DONE MY SHARE OF OFF ROAD... i build power lines... out in the woods almost all day every day . though recently I have taken a break.

GOT a good chuckle from imaginary break pedal .. when i get on it i can here the wifes foot slam the floor. she gets an eye roll i get slapped. lmao

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Starting to think i found my alter ego on the other side of this big blue marble . THAT WILL FRIGHTEN MANY WHO KNOW ME

YShahar

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Today's update...

On Sunday I was able to take out yet another large rock from the deep end...

last-rock-out-of-the-hole_web.jpg

But alas, this is to be the last one out. I did my best to dig underneath the other really large rock poking out (see photo below), and eventually managed to get my crowbar under it. Ended up just bending the crowbar without budging the rock. So I got a a long metal pipe to give me more leverage. Bent that too...

So, with deep regret, I'll have to leave these other beauties to their eternal rest beneath the pond (glove for scale).

no-more-rocks-out-web.jpg

So now, having removed multiple buckets of gravel out from beneath the stones, I'm left with a considerable overhang in danger of collapsing. That's actually rather convenient, as I still have a fair bit of digging to do to widen the deep zone, carve out the area under the waterfall, and dig out the intake bay. Now I won't need to take all of the stuff out; I can just shovel it into the deep zone and push it under the rocks.

But, uh oh, looks like one of my koi has escaped!

arya-the-koi_web.jpg

Nice tancho sanke, even if a bit fuzzy...

So today I got a start on the intake bay and worked a bit more on getting the shallower zones fleshed out a bit. Making progress!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Man.. when you get the liner and rock work all done i PITTY the first person who tries to drag you out of your hard word . Like a viper im sure you'll strike quick and precise

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You do have some cool rock I'll say that much... i guess i got lucky to The rock i got was local though not in my immediate area as ours is red sand stone, some people love it im not a huge fan for a pond

Ask a Question