Cameras for watching pond and for underwater viewing...?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Funny they have a automatic cleaning system for the lens to keep pics nice and clear .They have 2 kinds
That would be nice, algae on the lens is a pain. How do they do it?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am not sure ,I saw it in the pond and the guy explained it but I still did not understand .They have the ones in the pond but only order them for you if you purchase it and when it comes in you pick it up .It reminded me of a wiper blade .Plus he said the lenses were a special glass .I thought when i saw it in the pond it was lights but then when I went inside you could see the video on a tv .I think he said they had video on there sight but I have not looked

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I keep a flow of water from the pump going over the lens, which helps some, but usually just go brush it off now and then. A wiper blade would work, the stuff does not stick until it has sat for a while.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
Austria
Andy, check into underwater cameras that they will work with the security system you pick up.

Thanksd Addy, i'll check. The q-see seems to be a US thing. I haven't found anything similar here yet, but i'll keep looking.

waynefrcan

19 years ponding and hopefully 4 more!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I bought mine off ebay less than 100 dollars with hd and great color and night vision .i did not want zoom or anything fancy but this has a clearer video than my neighbors 300 dollar system Small and easy to install .I even made a you tube video .It is private so no one else can access it .It is the elec one and for the price I was surprised it worked so good .960H 700tvl and extra cameras are cheap .I have 2 systems
Hi Sissy whats the model number on those?
Tks

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I use IP bullet style cameras with night vision. Mine have what is called POE power over Ethernet which makes connection easier as you do not need power to the camera also just cat5 wire. I do not have one for underwater but they are waterproof just not for underwater use. We can view ours over any wifi connection with the phone or tablet and computer. Ours are all wireless but that needs additional equipment for solid performance. Ours are over 300ft away from our house in our horse barn. Here is the setup we used

View attachment 71053
Can you provide a model number, thanks?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Just seen this thread , we bought a Swann Advanced security system DVR4-1425tm 4 channel Digital Video Recorder & 2x PRO 535tm Cameras Advanced Series D1.
Iike I said if we wish to we could add another two cameras, one out the front, one down the side of the house but again as the police said we dont in reality need that number of cameras
The resolution on these cameras is second to non and the colour reproduction is fantastic, we could have bought a remote system but we have so much in the way of metal in the walls doorframes and windows that we doubted it would have worked but the wires are all extremely well hidden

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I got mine off ebay-- elec only 99 dollars and for cameras with night vision and small ones .Easy to install and free cloud for life

waynefrcan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I got mine off ebay-- elec only 99 dollars and for cameras with night vision and small ones .Easy to install and free cloud for life
Hi Sissy, what model number was that?
THks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have a you tube video on it .I will have to find the box as soon as i do i will let you know

Attachments

• stock tank and baby clothes and granite 017.JPG
    stock tank and baby clothes and granite 017.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 227
  • stock tank and baby clothes and granite 016.JPG
    stock tank and baby clothes and granite 016.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 239

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Remember my camera I was using to tape this is not the best and it accidentally got wet and had to dry it out with rice .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It does not zoom but i can access it from any where and I have it set on privacy mode and you can get a mike to hear your pond .I have one but I turn it off .Under water cameras it is better to get a better one

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@waynefrcan The model I use for the pond are Acti 33e. There is a newer model now. They are pricey but I have no issues with them at all. Mine are out in the weather directly. Great access from iphone and computer.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I put mine under the soffits so they would not ice up and get water on them to cloud up the pic .,do yours get ice on them RA .I access mine from my tablet my phone and my puter plus this gives me free cloud storage which I really don't use I have a mini dvr and the wires are now hidden in the walls and so are the units that run the cameras .Plus the wires are now hidden .After I made sure it worked I went about hiding everything .My son should have gotten the white cameras so they did not stick out, but they are no larger than a candy bar .I also bought the square trade warranty just in case and it covers the whole thing for 5 years .I can't complain for under 100 dollars with free shipping .They had zoom cameras but i felt i did not really need them since my house is only a 1 story .I can see all the way down to my mail box .

Ask a Question