j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's horrible what happened but that picture is sure pretty red. We have camped there before many years ago. Sad to see it like this.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Beautiful images, JB. Your title "Camping in July" reminds me of a sad but natural disaster currently occuring in our state, in a place I love. For over thirty years we camped in July with family and friends at Alta Lake State Park in central Washington state. As of today, nearly four hundred square miles of central and eastern Washington are involved in our state's worst wildfire ever. Here's a recent view of the fire approaching the lake: View attachment 73314
...and here's the park entrance now.
View attachment 73315
Sad, isn't it!? :( Having experienced it, I know of the terrible destruction wrought by these fires, not only in the burnt vegetation, but in animal lives as well. Still sends a chill down my spine!
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
It is asad what the fires destroy but they do serve a purpose. I think it is Ponderosa Pines whose cones don't open with out the heat of a fire.

Ask a Question