Can Anyone Spare Some Frogs?

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Little too far away from me in Maryland, have tons of frogs in the ponds here. If you were nearby would give them to you. I back to miles of woods though, so there is an endless supply of frogs that show up at the ponds. It sounds like a symphony of frogs every spring and summer, get mostly bullfrogs, green, pickerel and tree frogs.

As others mentioned best bet is tadpoles.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2018-5-19_9-53-19.gif
@RJ7 sorry but I haven't got a frog to spare :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a, 6b
Country
United States
It took me a few years before I had a frog. He didn’t stay through the seasons, however, last year around August a small bullfrog moved in and has not moved out, stayed all winter and has reappeared this spring. I agree with above posters, if you move one in from another location, it’ll probably move out, they choose their spots. Good luck!

RJ7

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a large wetlands in Hudson valley. It is full of different kinds of frogs. My favorite are tiny spring peepers. If you want to catch them your self be my guest. This time of year lots of tadpoles. PM me. House is in Lagrange NY.

Thank you. Nyboy. That is a very nice offer. But with my back problems I'm not sure I'm ready for a frog hunt. I'm sure I would have had a ball there when I was younger though!

Thanks again,
RJ

I have a large wetlands in Hudson valley. It is full of different kinds of frogs. My favorite are tiny spring peepers. If you want to catch them your self be my guest. This time of year lots of tadpoles. PM me. House is in Lagrange NY.

RJ7

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you all for your replies, offers and suggestions.

I guess the consensus of the members who have replied is that I should get some tadpoles. And for all the reasons you have stated, I would have to agree that this seems like my best option. So we may not have Bullfrogs this season, but hopefully we will have a few by next summer.

It's been fun posting here in the forum. I've learned a lot from everyone who has participated in this thread.

Good luck to all of you!

Thank you.
RJ

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A lot of pet shops with good fish section have tadpoles. If they don't might be able to order them for you

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I can send you a bunch of eggs. But the goldfish will probably hate me for it. ;)
When I first got water in my pond, It filled up with tadpoles within a week, or two.
That's what prompted me to get a dozen minnows, to eat the tadpoles. Well, some of the tads survived.
Anyway, I get about 3 hatchings of tads per year, and have several resident frogs of varying species.

RJ7

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can send you a bunch of eggs. But the goldfish will probably hate me for it. ;)
When I first got water in my pond, It filled up with tadpoles within a week, or two.
That's what prompted me to get a dozen minnows, to eat the tadpoles. Well, some of the tads survived.
Anyway, I get about 3 hatchings of tads per year, and have several resident frogs of varying species.

It's great how nature works things out.

Good luck, Bluerooster!

Ask a Question