Can you use rain barrel water for ponds

Donna Saverino MI

My first Grandchild
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
I have a rain barrel and wish to use up the water from it. Is it safe for shubunkins? I'm from Michigan. We had a lot of rain this summer.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Donor
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I don't see why not, unless the rain barrel was chemicals or something at one time. I use gutter water have for years without issues.

brokensword

...and not every pond in Michigan has a loon!
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I have a rain barrel and wish to use up the water from it. Is it safe for shubunkins? I'm from Michigan. We had a lot of rain this summer.
if I remember right, your pond is small; be aware that rain water tends acidic, so you may upset your pH if you add too much at any one time.

Donna Saverino MI

My first Grandchild
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5/6
Country
United States
Funny I did a search about this and came up empty. Now I see it at the bottom from 2014. So because I was doing a water change before it rained tomorrow I needed to get rid of the water in my rain barrel. So instead of draining it into my 300ish gal pond I just did what I normally do: See below....I just might test the PH from the rain barrel for the next time. I love is site. Thanks for the info.

2DB6E8E4-1F95-4F5D-BA42-D878FF5C5456_1_105_c.jpg

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question