Canadian Parliment Hill under attack by Terrorist!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Not to say this isn't serious but this isn't even close to what happened here on 9-11
I have to agree here, but comparing this to 9/11 is actually offensive. Not to say what is going on is not terrible but they are not even close to the same level. We have had school shootings worst than this. I hope it all ends quickly and no more loss of life, there are too many crazy people out in the world who do not value human life at all, a real shame. Best wishes

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just feel lucky Colleen that this is not anywhere near as bad as what happened on 9/11. They shot the bad guy dead there where you are and so sorry he killed one of your soldiers and wounded 2 others. Hope a 9/11 horror like happened here never happens anywhere again ever!

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I don't know WHO said this is Canada's 9/11, but I CAN tell you that this comment is assinine! We have worse incidents than this almost every week in Toronto. Some wanna-be terrorist shoots and kills a soldier, gets killed in the aftermath, and someone thinks this is on a scale with THOUSANDS murdered in the horror of the Twin Towers? :rolleyes: Give me a break!
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I think it was a loner that was responding to ISIL's call out a while ago for muslims to kill westerners whenever they have a chance. This guy found access to a gun somehow.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Don't shoot me please.... That is just what I heard on news when the scene was unfolding and news was reporting that there was several terrorists and they thought there was a mall shooting and everything was chaotic and news reports were not accurate.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't shoot me please.... That is just what I heard on news when the scene was unfolding and news was reporting that there was several terrorists and they thought there was a mall shooting and everything was chaotic and news reports were not accurate.

We would never shoot you Colleen :kiss:

I hope everything has calmed down a bit.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I can completely understand how some people felt like it was a Canadian 9/11!. People in Ottawa were very afraid. The news was reporting several shooters at multiple locations in all the chaos, and people down there were told to stay inside and way from windows. Police were going door to door looking for more terrorist. Schools were all locked down and ALL public buildings were closed down completely as reported by news. .
The Calgary news was reporting that the military bases were all being locked down, cement barricades were erected at entrance and all civilian personal were told to stay home.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It was just two days ago that two other military personal were run down by a car by another terrorist in Ontario. The one military guy died and the other is in hospital. It is a scary world and people were thinking that there was terrorist everywhere. If I remember correctly, it was Peter Mansbridge on CTV News, that said some people felt like it was a Canadian 911. No need to be mean and I am just thankful that it was only one lone shooter after all the chaos was over and the "air was cleared".

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You know we would never be mean to you Colleen. We loves ya. Think we were just shocked that someone could compare this one situation to the devastation that occurred here on that horrible day back then. I hope nothing like that ever happens in your country. It is sad to think how people can do these horrible things. There is evil lurking everywhere but there is a lot of good also. I am thankful too that there was only one shooter yesterday also and that they were able to get him gone! I pray there will be no more but that is unlikely in this world we live in :(
Now go have a

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I'm sorry you took my statement as a personal attack, Colleen. That was NOT my intention! I just think it's deplorable, the way the media blows everything out of proportion in order to keep people tuned in to their "reporting". And Peter Mansbridge, of all people, should know better! Did I hear something about a birthday? If so, HAPPY 29th, COLLEEN!!! ;) So... we still friends?
John

Ask a Question