Canadian Parliment Hill under attack by Terrorist!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Yeah, I changed my mind on that.
Kevin Vicars doesn't deserve any slack from us. The ONLY thing he deserves is our thanks!
Plus the medal of honour and the Order of Canada.

Seriously, Mr. Vicars does what he did and the only thing Mucky can mention here is that he should have used different terminology after he stopped the gunman in his tracks.
Incredible.

Reaction score
My hubby has a licenice to carry whatever he wishes to and from the Gun Range. He is a member of the Brooks Gun Club as well as here in the Hat..
Colleen, your husband may have a licence to transport handguns (restricted firearms) to and from the gun range, but they must have trigger locks installed during transportation, and they must be locked in a case, and they definitely must be unloaded. Here is a link to the rules. http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/fs-fd/storage-entreposage-eng.htm
I lived and worked on a sportsman's association gun range for 14 years and learned a little bit about the rules, it was part of my job. I've seen a few people loose their licences over the years for breaking the rules. One thing I can tell you is, they don't give second chances.

Mitch relax. Perhaps I am a "dipper". Tell me exactly what a dipper is and maybe I can confirm it for sure.
I'm glad Mr. Vicars was able to get the perp and happy he didn't get himself shot in the process. It sounds like it could have easily gone the other way.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Nah, just a few loners who are trying to make a mark in the world by going out in a blaze of glory. Assholes!
John
Can I say that on the internet? :rolleyes:
Got to agree with you there John what you got was a white guy just converted wanting to basically get himself killed and be remembered as a terrorist not some nut job who most probably wanted to be death by cop shot .

Dave

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Dipper is an NDP supporter. They're usually the first ones to speak up for a criminal's rights.
I find it unusual that terminology used by Mr. Vicars is of any importance.;)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My friend up the road carries a gun in her purse everywhere she goes. I found that out one day when I took her to her doc's for a visit and she had to go in for an xray and she asked me to hold her purse for her. She said "oh by the way there is a gun in there so be careful!" :cool:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I can't imagine that, addy.
Guns just seem like yet another thing to take care of, to me.
I sold over 200 of them when my hubby died and I moved. Just kept a few. He was a class three dealer, we used to go out into the desert to shoot the full auto ones. I started shooting in a rifle club in jr high school. Target shooting is a challenge, always enjoyed it.

I worked on call in a bad part of town, always driving into work at night. That is when I picked up the permit so I could carry.

Ask a Question