Canadian Parliment Hill under attack by Terrorist!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Diesel, if you read the thread, during the TIME of the attack, people down in Ottawa were VERY afraid, they did not know that there was only ONE crazy individual!!! The media reported that there was mulitiple shooters on the loose!!! There was reports of gunfire at a mall and elsewhere. People were told to stay at home away from windows and doors!!! The police in Ottawa were going house to house looking for more terroist!!!!!!! EVERYTHING was closed down, all public buildings and schools were all locked down tight!!!!!!!!! People were afraid and scared to death to pick up kids, traffic was backed up everywhere and PEOPLE were TERRORIZED and SCARED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Report on the news said SOME PEOPLE FELT LIKE IT WAS A CANADIAN 911!!!!!!!!!!!

I am REALLY getting tired of repeating myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ THE THREAD

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Now that I got that off my chest, I feel better. Nobody at the time was comparing, they just were all very afraid and they felt much terror. It was only two days before that event, that two other soliders from near by Ontario were run down by ISIS "wanabees" and the one was killed and the other in hospital. Then people were very afraid after the Parliment Hill got attacked, and many including myself, thought that maybe people were suddenly getting gunned down everywhere.

I am very worried about Rememberance Day coming up, and pray that there will be no attacks by ISIS "wanabees" then. It is so bad that I am thinking..... maybe this year I won't go, just in case some crazy is out there plotting more terror.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I do not thnk any of the people down in Ottawa ment to compare 911 to what happened the other day, but at the time, people there were all very afraid, and yes media did over inflate it, but at THAT moment in time, when no body realky knew for sure what was going on, other than some massive gunfight on Parliment Hill, I can understand how some people could be scared down there, and I can understand how they felt terror similar to 911. Even my hubby drove home that day with a loaded gun from work, just in case some other nutcase was inspired by ISIS. Terror is terrible and I can understand that completely. People were afraid cause everything was shutting down, and I can understand at that moment when everything was so confusing, I can see people afraid and rushing to get their children off the street for fear that more crazy shooters were on the loose. Cause No body at that time really knew what was going on.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I just had a chance to view details of the takedown of the gunman at Parliament Hill this past week.
Our Sergeant At Arms, Kevin Vicars, is a true Canadian hero.
He maneuvered himself to the opposite side of the same pillar as the gunman, dropped to the floor and emptied his automatic gun clip into the assailant.
He then went into the governing party's caucus room and announced "I engaged the suspect and the suspect is deceased"
Kevin Vicars is not a young man (58 years old), but he is an ex RCMP officer. He demonstrated courage that most of us can only hope for.
I feel extremely proud to be a Canadian. We owe Kevin Vicars our heartfelt thanks.
Here are links to the videos and the standing ovation he received from all parties in the House Of Commons .

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...that-ended-the-attack-on-parliament-1.2812802

Reaction score
I just had a chance to view details of the takedown of the gunman at Parliament Hill this past week.
Our Sergeant At Arms, Kevin Vicars, is a true Canadian hero.
He maneuvered himself to the opposite side of the same pillar as the gunman, dropped to the floor and emptied his automatic gun clip into the assailant.
He then went into the governing party's caucus room and announced "I engaged the "suspect" and the suspect is deceased"
Kevin Vicars is not a young man (58 years old), but he is an ex RCMP officer. He demonstrated courage that most of us can only hope for.
I feel extremely proud to be a Canadian. We owe Kevin Vicars our heartfelt thanks.
Here are links to the videos and the standing ovation he received from all parties in the House Of Commons .

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ott...that-ended-the-attack-on-parliament-1.2812802
What a minute!
If he was just a "suspect", why did he shoot him? Aren't suspects suppose to be innocent until proven guilty?

noun
ˈsəsˌpekt/
  1. 1.
    a person thought to be guilty of a crime or offense.
    "the police have arrested a suspect"
    synonyms: suspected person, accused, defendant
    "a murder suspect"

Reaction score
Diesel, if you read the thread, during the TIME of the attack, people down in Ottawa were VERY afraid, they did not know that there was only ONE crazy individual!!! The media reported that there was mulitiple shooters on the loose!!! There was reports of gunfire at a mall and elsewhere. People were told to stay at home away from windows and doors!!! The police in Ottawa were going house to house looking for more terroist!!!!!!! EVERYTHING was closed down, all public buildings and schools were all locked down tight!!!!!!!!! People were afraid and scared to death to pick up kids, traffic was backed up everywhere and PEOPLE were TERRORIZED and SCARED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Report on the news said SOME PEOPLE FELT LIKE IT WAS A CANADIAN 911!!!!!!!!!!!

I am REALLY getting tired of repeating myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ THE THREAD
I read the entire thread
I wasn't referring to you
I would have killed the guy myself.
It's kinda sad one guy was able to shut down an entire city.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
The shooter's Mother said she's crying for the victims, but not for her son.

Just another whack-job. Let's not forget your own homegrown nutbar attacking cops in NYC with a hatchet.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They might be suspects but if they have a gun in their hand trying to shoot they are dead suspects as far as I am concerned!

Reaction score
Technically, he was a suspect only.:)
Mucky, please don't tell me you're a dipper!:LOL:
Well I guess it's just a mater of using the proper term. If Colleen's husband was in the area with his loaded gun he likely would have been a "suspect" too. Perhaps what this Kevin guy should have said was that he engaged the "perpetrator", or "assailant" rather than "suspect". It would at least sound more like he was a little more sure he got the right guy, not just someone who he "suspected" of being the shooter.

BTW, Colleen. Civilians driving around with a loaded gun in Canada is illegal.

Last edited:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
We got lots of "Wana bee ISIS supporters in the Brooks Alberta area where my hubby works. There is a large group of Immigrants that work at the Brooks Beef Plant. When we had 911 and the twin towers fell, they all where jumping for joy! CISI and the FBI where there lots after that. LOTS of People still remember that in Brooks and no body will hire those immigrants to work in Oilfield my hubby says. They still try to apply but they all get rejected.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
My hubby has a licenice to carry whatever he wishes to and from the Gun Range. He is a member of the Brooks Gun Club as well as here in the Hat..

Hubby was doing oilfield work on base yesterday, and now they have armed Guards with C7 rifles at the Ready. Can't trust anyone these days and hubby says the only other time the base had armed guards was when we had Prince Harry visit.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Mucky, I don't know if you've ever watched CPAC, but Kevin Vicars' position is a fairly mundane one.
I would certainly cut a hero like him some slack for possibly using the wrong terminology immediately after risking his own life to kill the gunman.

Ask a Question