cant primp pump...picture included

Reaction score
Ours is just an impellor on the end of a motor Gordy and apart from the colour diffeence is no ddifferent than the pump in his photo which I blieve to be non priming

Dave

Yep,

Gael's pump looks almost exactly like a lot of the pumps I have installed around my cabin, too.
Same thing - same animal classification or family, same issue - manual priming required.

Based upon the appearance of the design of Gael's pump I swear it is a Simer. They have a signature look which is specific to them (the Simer brand). Not saying that this is so, but it just looks so familiar.

The blue color and the ventilation ribs (heat sink for the pump motor) and the flat, rectangular electrical box atop the pump is almost a fingerprint of a Simer brand pump. I have bought and installed so many that they roll around in my dreams sometimes. A little bit scary if you think about it too much. ;) ha ha

If anyone happens to have sandy, gravel/dirt mixed soil and a high water table (water close to the surface) I have a lot of experience in installing a shallow, sand point type of well system and pump to extract the water from such water tables and I can troubleshoot these types of wells very effectively if you have problems with one and give tips on repairing or rejuvenating old wells with almost no cost inccurred to the owner. Hey, the information is free!

Unless you want to get water from a rock in the desert by striking the rock with a stick, I can assist you. However, if that is what you need, I will have to defer you to the pro in that area and you'll have place the call yourself.

Gordy

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I just looked up Arkson pumps not sure of the model they have
The one I saw looked like it and it and had a 26 ft suction lift
The Yourgaels had a 50/50 chance to put the check valve the right way
With all the connections they could be sucking air and will never get the water up
My thought was just to see what happens when it's just a hose straight to the pump

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Sometimes the spring in check valves are to strong for pond pump and do not open when the pump starts. This is why I always use swing check valves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
As DrCasesuggests they can but exeriment only then can we see if either of u are correct but I'll bet this pump is drawing air .
A simple test would be to cap the vertical pipe then try firing it up again .

Dave

Ask a Question