j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
How long before Gloria's arm is all better? Bet she cooks some good food:)

Reaction score
She had her last X ray today, she begins PT tomorrow. you would not believe how good she cooks.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Tell her I am praying she makes great progress doing her PT and I think you found a keeper Bullfrog!

Reaction score
When I got to Mexico I couldn't pull the trailer all the way up under the palapa and still get my truck out. My friend said, just get it here, they will move it, they built the pyramids. So I pulled it as far up as I could and got the truck out. They showed up with a big log and two rope winches. They raised the tongue, put the log under it and winched it forward, 1/8 inch at a time. Then I had the tongue cut off to make room for the bano. Now the new owners want it out ASAP so it must be winched back out and the tongue welded back on. I'll finish packing it today and they should have it backed out next week.

I have drawn the sketches of the new house and will add the dimensions today, then send it all to the contractor.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hope she gets better fast Bullfrog, what an adventure you are having.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Where there is a will there is a way! You sure sold your old place quick! Happy moving :)

Reaction score
Now that we have closed, the new owners want to know, "Are you going to keep your kayaks? You should leave the washing machine."

Nah... I was just going to throw away $1,400.00 worth of specialty fishing kayaks that I sweated bullets over hauling them all of the way from Texas. Worrying about them coming loose as one roof top saddle carriers broke and worrying about them getting stolen. These aren't some cheap, plastic, paddle the surf kayaks, if they want those they can buy some cheap Pelicans at Academy and haul them down themselves.

And even though she has the money, Gloria still washes clothes as most Mexicans do, in a large, flat sink with a washboard built in one side. I mean, I hauled it all the way down here taking up valuable space which mean't I had to leave other things I wanted, but yes, let me just give you a front load Samsung washer so you don't have to lug one down or buy one yourself.

Some people... I didn't even answer them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good grief those people want it all. Glad you didn't answer them as it might not have been pretty what came out :)
You are free now of one place and on to the next. Hoping to see more pix of your new place and your new home you will build.

Reaction score
I've moved a lot, never left a washer or dryer, have you? I mean, it's not like it's a part of the house.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Never left a washer or dryer. Just usually leave the fridge and stove. Last house we took out everything and gave away cabinets, windows, doors, everything cuz they burned the house down for a fire dept practice burn after we sold the property.

Reaction score
Got the tongue welded back on the trailer and towed it here to the condo. Now, I'm repacking everything I took out of it in case the new owners bought it. The house plans are done and forwarded to the contractor. Gloria's arm is healing well, she can actually shower herself now and I kind of miss the morning ritual :)

We are both anxious to move so as soon as she is able, we will go to look at the new land and give him the money for the well, septic and electric, then move there while construction takes place.

I'm also anxious to begin exploring the caves in the mountains. I went to an outdoor market in Oaxaca and saw a black market artifact for sale. It was an authentic stone ax tied onto a thigh bone, very old. He wanted 8,000 pesos for it and I have trouble pulsing out more than 5,000 a day, so I passed but really wanted it. It is very illegal to sell artifacts as Mexico believes they are a part of their culture, which they are, and wants them in a museum.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good to hear Gloria's arm is getting better. Sorry you are losing your morning thrill tho :LOL:
Sounds like everything is moving along for you smoothly so far. What a fun journey you guys are experiencing. Will be fun seeing all the new sites and cool things you find searching the caves. Don't get in trouble w/ contraband there and end up in the jail. That would be awful!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noelia5838

Latest Threads