Cardenas

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bullfrog, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Bullfrog

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Hope she gets better fast Bullfrog, what an adventure you are having.

addy1, Oct 4, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Bullfrog

j.w I Love my Goldies

Where there is a will there is a way! You sure sold your old place quick! Happy moving :)

j.w, Oct 4, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Bullfrog

Bullfrog

I got a lot packed today, getting ready for our next adventure.

Bullfrog, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Bullfrog

j.w I Love my Goldies

And I bet you have many more :D

j.w, Oct 6, 2014
  5. Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Now that we have closed, the new owners want to know, "Are you going to keep your kayaks? You should leave the washing machine."

Nah... I was just going to throw away $1,400.00 worth of specialty fishing kayaks that I sweated bullets over hauling them all of the way from Texas. Worrying about them coming loose as one roof top saddle carriers broke and worrying about them getting stolen. These aren't some cheap, plastic, paddle the surf kayaks, if they want those they can buy some cheap Pelicans at Academy and haul them down themselves.

And even though she has the money, Gloria still washes clothes as most Mexicans do, in a large, flat sink with a washboard built in one side. I mean, I hauled it all the way down here taking up valuable space which mean't I had to leave other things I wanted, but yes, let me just give you a front load Samsung washer so you don't have to lug one down or buy one yourself.

Some people... I didn't even answer them.

Bullfrog, Oct 6, 2014
  6. Bullfrog

j.w I Love my Goldies

Good grief those people want it all. Glad you didn't answer them as it might not have been pretty what came out :)
    You are free now of one place and on to the next. Hoping to see more pix of your new place and your new home you will build.

j.w, Oct 7, 2014
  7. Bullfrog

Bullfrog

I've moved a lot, never left a washer or dryer, have you? I mean, it's not like it's a part of the house.

Bullfrog, Oct 7, 2014
  8. Bullfrog

j.w I Love my Goldies

Never left a washer or dryer. Just usually leave the fridge and stove. Last house we took out everything and gave away cabinets, windows, doors, everything cuz they burned the house down for a fire dept practice burn after we sold the property.

j.w, Oct 8, 2014
  9. Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Got the tongue welded back on the trailer and towed it here to the condo. Now, I'm repacking everything I took out of it in case the new owners bought it. The house plans are done and forwarded to the contractor. Gloria's arm is healing well, she can actually shower herself now and I kind of miss the morning ritual :)

We are both anxious to move so as soon as she is able, we will go to look at the new land and give him the money for the well, septic and electric, then move there while construction takes place.

I'm also anxious to begin exploring the caves in the mountains. I went to an outdoor market in Oaxaca and saw a black market artifact for sale. It was an authentic stone ax tied onto a thigh bone, very old. He wanted 8,000 pesos for it and I have trouble pulsing out more than 5,000 a day, so I passed but really wanted it. It is very illegal to sell artifacts as Mexico believes they are a part of their culture, which they are, and wants them in a museum.

Bullfrog, Oct 20, 2014
  10. Bullfrog

j.w I Love my Goldies

Good to hear Gloria's arm is getting better. Sorry you are losing your morning thrill tho :LOL:
    Sounds like everything is moving along for you smoothly so far. What a fun journey you guys are experiencing. Will be fun seeing all the new sites and cool things you find searching the caves. Don't get in trouble w/ contraband there and end up in the jail. That would be awful!

j.w, Oct 20, 2014
  11. Bullfrog

Bullfrog

It wouldn't be the first time I was in jail JW, but it would be the first time for a Mexican jail, which I'm not anxious to experience. Artifacts are one of my weaknesses. Many are still found in the jungle as the Aztecs and Mayans hid them once the Spaniards began to plunder and destroy them. Tucked away in caves or buried, the owners died and they still remain there along with human remains. Simple arrowheads or spear points are amazing to me just because of the antiquity. Pottery and items of everyday life take on a whole new light when they are hundreds of years old. I'll simply display them in cases in my home if I find any.

And if I don't, looking for them will be fun while I tend the guerrilla patches in the jungle.

Bullfrog, Oct 21, 2014
  12. Bullfrog

j.w I Love my Goldies

Happy hunting and hope you find some and what an adventure that would be. Guerrilla Patches?

j.w, Oct 21, 2014
  13. Bullfrog

Bullfrog

Si... guerilla patches ;)

Bullfrog, Oct 21, 2014
  14. Bullfrog

j.w I Love my Goldies

No comprende'

j.w, Oct 22, 2014
  15. Bullfrog

Bullfrog

There was a long thread here about the benefits of cannabis oil. I don't think anyone can debate the curative properties of it, especially in cancerous tumors. And as much as I have smoked in my life, well let's just say I see the writing on the wall.

All growers want sinsemilla, the female plant denied pollination so the buds grow very large.

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=...v&sa=X&ei=WzdKVNyILOXr8QHq94GoAw&ved=0CCkQsAQ

However, in a "guerilla patch" grown in the jungle, this can be hard to control as even female plants will develop male flowers in an attempt to pollinate. So, the best method would be just let nature take it's course on the first crop and let it go to seed. This assures seeds for future crops. Cuttings can be made and transported to another location, far from the males or even indoors. The males leaves can then be harvested and turned into oil.

Bullfrog, Oct 24, 2014
  16. Bullfrog

j.w I Love my Goldies

Aha so now I know! Happy gardening and do they not mind people growing there own there?

j.w, Oct 25, 2014
  17. Bullfrog

Bullfrog

There is no airport in Cordoba, the nearest one is in Xalapa. I never saw an aircraft the entire time I was there, or any police or "city" cars near where I will live. Aerial surveillance is common in Oaxaca where the large plantations are, but a few groups of 10-15 plants scattered throughout the mountains would never be noticed. All homes have walls around them for security and privacy.

Bullfrog, Oct 25, 2014
  18. Bullfrog

j.w I Love my Goldies

Guess then you only have to worry if a walker discovers it and reaps what you sowed :)

j.w, Oct 25, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question