j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks like it works very well and if all you have to do ever is clean that top layer then how easy can you get.
My problem is that my pond is in my front yard right in front of our front porch and I left no area to put anything that big near it w/o looking unsightly.
Guess I need to plan better for next time
scratchchin.gif

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
looks good but he was useing a pre filter, wonder if it would work so well with all the muck coming directly from the pond .... and yes it could be away from the pond a little but then lots of piping would be need .. but it sure would make a cheep trickle tower :0)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have used lava rock but what I do is take the old out and put new in I keep a barrel soaking with new lava rock with some salt and liquid barley in it and take the new out and take the old and rinse it good then I put it in the tub I just took the new out of .Wonder if someone from pepsi watching this and say thats what is happening to our holders .The new one I have seen is a pipe down the middle of the tank with lava rock and filter pads ,the pipe at the bottom has holes in it and the water from the pump runs down the pipe and comes back up oxygenated and runs back in the pond from a pipe near the top of the container back into the pond .It looks interesting so I might give it a try this year .

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
a bit hard to hide...would have to remote locate.

I was thinking about using some that bambo screen that they have at Lowe's and Home Depot to cut down and wrap around the unit that needs to be hidden. In my case, my boi filter that sits out in the open behind my waterfall. The bambo could be attached to a 2" by 2" frame and easily set up and/or removed for easy access to whatever unit that you need to get to.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Isn't that the kind in the roll .You could easly wrap it around and just wire it to the barrel with out any frame .I bought it 2 years ago for my rain barrels and just wrapped it and wired it and cut the bamboo where the faucet is with a saw blade from a hack saw ,Not sure we are talking about same bamboo ,I bought mine in the garden center there ,I just used wire and wired it to itself .When I cut it I tryed to use the wire they had to wire it together but not strong enough .Used string at first then wire .

oldmarine

Married 32 years
Reaction score
sissy said:
Isn't that the kind in the roll .You could easly wrap it around and just wire it to the barrel with out any frame .I bought it 2 years ago for my rain barrels and just wrapped it and wired it and cut the bamboo where the faucet is with a saw blade from a hack saw ,Not sure we are talking about same bamboo ,I bought mine in the garden center there ,I just used wire and wired it to itself .When I cut it I tryed to use the wire they had to wire it together but not strong enough .Used string at first then wire .

That's awsome. That bambo screen is outstanding for many different applications, especially if you need to disguise or just cover something unsightly.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh the barrels I bought for 5 dollars each but they where bright blue and really stood out and 1 is up by my studio and I did not want to see it every time I came up the driveway and the other was over by my carport so had to look at that too .Not pretty I tryed in these pics to spray paint them grey but the blue still showed one is on the side of the carport and the other by the corner of the studio ,never realized I did not have pics of the after

Attachments

• splendors gate 006.jpg
    splendors gate 006.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 414
  • new pics of house 031.jpg
    new pics of house 031.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 453

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have a very nice place Sissy and the grey barrels look just fine to me..........wayyyyyyy better than if they were that bright blue color :lol:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The biggest help for this guys pond would be to thin his koi out.
He has way to many koi for that pond.
He should only have about 1/4 of that many.
That trickle tower won't do much with that fish load.

Ask a Question