Check valve install

Reaction score
Were and how is the best place to put the check valve? Coming out of the pump at water level, above water level or horizontal? I have seen various way and wondered if one was better than the other.

Rick

Reaction score
Were and how is the best place to put the check valve? Coming out of the pump at water level, above water level or horizontal? I have seen various way and wondered if one was better than the other.

Rick

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Good point, you want gravity to work for you and the flapper type, if installed with the flow up, will allow gravity to assist in closing the valve.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Good point, you want gravity to work for you and the flapper type, if installed with the flow up, will allow gravity to assist in closing the valve.

Reaction score
From what I recently experienced - you best place to find a 2 1/2 inch is a plumbing supply store. (Lowes and Home Depot) did not have the flapper type in my area or the spring kind. My local plumbing supply had a huge selection of sizes. Good luck!

Ask a Question